Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,732,343 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this has been discussed on this forum, the missing British girl in Portugal in 2007.
The parents have just come out again on the 5th anniversary.
There are updated computer-generated images of what she would probably look like now.
I read a book on this about 3 years ago, called Vanished, but it came no closer to the truth. I don't believe she is still alive.
Here is a recent article:

Parents of missing Madeleine 'more hopeful'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,330,462 times
I don't think she's alive either...Keeping her alive so the truth doesn't rear its head perhaps..I believe she was given too much of a sedative so the parents could have a nice dinner with friends and they dumped her body in the ocean.The dog sniffed out a corpse smell in the back of the car..at the hotel room, evidence was found too..sounds cruel but here you have two doctors afraid to loose everything over a medical mistake like that! They are capable because every person is capable of murder/manslaughter if the circumstances push the "right" buttons. But in this case it could have been an actual mistake. And coverup is just one step away when things go wrong. It's selfpreservation. Madeleine was hyperactive, ADD or whatnot, so she was always on meds...

Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
The parents, the parents, the parents.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I don't think she's alive either...Keeping her alive so the truth doesn't rear its head perhaps..I believe she was given too much of a sedative so the parents could have a nice dinner with friends and they dumped her body in the ocean.The dog sniffed out a corpse smell in the back of the car..at the hotel room, evidence was found too..sounds cruel but here you have two doctors afraid to loose everything over a medical mistake like that! They are capable because every person is capable of murder/manslaughter if the circumstances push the "right" buttons. But in this case it could have been an actual mistake. And coverup is just one step away when things go wrong. It's selfpreservation. Madeleine was hyperactive, ADD or whatnot, so she was always on meds...

I had not read that...do you have a source? TIA.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 AM

I heard all this in the news at the time of the disappearance, BBC and local Belgian TV..The Portugese detectives questioned the parents time and time again and sent a dog into the hotel suite and the car...and then somehow the Portugese were taken off the case and detectives quit and so on, it was a shambles, kind of like the Jonbenet Ramsey case..the parents blaming the Portugese for screwing it all up makes me suspicious that they were onto something..plus in interviews on TV with Portugese detectives, they also talked about the girl being treated for Attention Deficit Disorder...

Old 05-04-2012, 07:04 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Beyond me why people think it is okay to leave kids with no supervision so they can go party with friends. No babysitters available in hotel? They could not have ordered room service?

I think it was the parents as well...

Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I heard all this in the news at the time of the disappearance, BBC and local Belgian TV..The Portugese detectives questioned the parents time and time again and sent a dog into the hotel suite and the car...and then somehow the Portugese were taken off the case and detectives quit and so on, it was a shambles, kind of like the Jonbenet Ramsey case..the parents blaming the Portugese for screwing it all up makes me suspicious that they were onto something..plus in interviews on TV with Portugese detectives, they also talked about the girl being treated for Attention Deficit Disorder...

Ok, so no actual proof that she was being medicated for ADD apart from some early news reports?

Not the best source...we all know that journalists try and sensationalise anything.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not doubting you or this statement...would just like to see it confirmed somewhere as I'd never heard it before and it would fit with certain theories I have about events.

To me it's very telling that these children were IVF, meaning the McCanns had likely gone through years of infertility. To be given the gift of children after suffering through that is very precious. To walk away and leave them alone in a hotel room in a foreign country is a mentality I personally WILL NEVER understand, and I can get pregnant at the drop of a hat (plenty more where that one came from). It would seem to me they took more care of their passports and cameras than they did their precious babies.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM

I find disturbing parallels between Madeline and Jon Benet...or should I say, between the PARENTS of Madeline and Jon Benet.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Good point...upper middle class, well educated. I have worked with families with a similar background, who are at a loss when the children are not "perfect" and don't do what they are told. Some people expect children will be like a doll, and when the child is not like a "doll"...there are problems. Especially folks who really wanted a child, and idealized the entire child, as a "perfect" child. Reality...kids are not always perfect, and this creates a disconnect between the fantasy child, and the reality...especially parents who have a tendency for Narcisscism, and see the child as a reflection of themselves...

Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 AM

I understand, the press isn't always the best place to get info, but I doubt they would have been able to say it without the McCann's fighting them about it or crying slander. I too see a so much likeness between these people and the Ramseys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime