Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 10:32 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,832,146 times

Advertisements

I haven't followed this trial until the last part but from what I have heard there are so many "if" and contradicting things that it is hard to believe any side of the story which to me means the guy should not to be found guilty.

The girl was asked if she had sex and she admitted it was consensual so if she can change her story why can't the guy change his story as he claims he was just trying to make his friends to believe he had sex.

The media called it the St. Paul's rape so the guys name stayed mostly out of the news and he looks so different than from a different picture I have seen but he may get a life after this trial if he is not found guilty.

After the other rape accusations and the info I heard this guy should not loose his life over a girl who can't keep her story straight either.

Many girls at the age of 15 look like they are 18 or older and that may not even be the issue in this case but girls also need to take responsibility as well as guys.

Respect your body and I wonder what the result will be and maybe someone else has a different opinion and I wonder what others may think will be the verdict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 10:46 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,917,468 times
If he was black, the trial would have lasted two days at the most and the jury would have deliberated for about 30 minutes and he would currently be in prison.

He's white, went to a private school and has an expensive defense team so the trial lasted a long time and his guilt was not certain.

At least until today. Guilty on most of the charges. Registered sex offender for the rest of his life.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:49 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,688,524 times
My feeling is they'll find him guilty only of statutory rape. The email she send him after the fact looks bad for her. I never heard any physical evidence, though, when she reported it, was examined, etc., but even if he did do it, he's an upper class, rich kid w/ a good lawyer...

Old 08-31-2015, 04:47 PM

I find it sad that he will be a sex offender for life as she admitted undressing and telling someone she wasn't raped when she was asked.

In the Duke Lacrosse case the victim was caught lying too and there are so many contradicting things that I recently learned off.

My opinion is there should be two type of sex offenders.

One for the real bad ones and one for young people when parents don't agree and they are not really of age but many girls want to act like adults, dress like adults and than claim innocence and first having sex and than getting regrets because parents may find out and than calling it rape.

I'm not saying this happened in this case but it absolutely happens a lot and it will ruins a persons life.

Last edited by bentlebee; 08-31-2015 at 04:57 PM..

Old 08-31-2015, 07:21 PM

Over the weekend we experienced more stupid young kids and how they have no clue how they can destroy their own life in minutes as one College student send a txt to another student stating he would kill him.

That 20 or 21 year old may get expelled from school and I'm shocked to learn how many seem to be involved with cocaine and already have been expelled from groups they joined in College which is of course great that other students don't want to be involved with them but it is also scary to see how ignorant these kids are for not seeing that using stuff like that or sending a txt with either a death thread or a nude picture can cost them their future.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:30 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,788,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I haven't followed this trial until the last part but from what I have heard there are so many "if" and contradicting things that it is hard to believe any side of the story which to me means the guy should not to be found guilty.

The girl was asked if she had sex and she admitted it was consensual so if she can change her story why can't the guy change his story as he claims he was just trying to make his friends to believe he had sex.

The media called it the St. Paul's rape so the guys name stayed mostly out of the news and he looks so different than from a different picture I have seen but he may get a life after this trial if he is not found guilty.

After the other rape accusations and the info I heard this guy should not loose his life over a girl who can't keep her story straight either.

Many girls at the age of 15 look like they are 18 or older and that may not even be the issue in this case but girls also need to take responsibility as well as guys.

Respect your body and I wonder what the result will be and maybe someone else has a different opinion and I wonder what others may think will be the verdict.

She's 15. That's too young to legally consent.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
She's 15. That's too young to legally consent.
I'm aware but many girls don't care about legal age and are in love and things happen and than they realize the consequences and claim it to be different. Of course there are sad cases of girls being raped and these guys should be punished to the fullest but not if the girl act like she is 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime