Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 02:30 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Sherri Rasmussen who was killed by her new husband's former girlfriend, Stephanie Lazarus who happened to be a cop. It sticks with me because it went unsolved for decades and because of the interrogation video that was made when detectives finally figured out it was one of their own.
Me, too. What a horrifying case. There's a thread about it on this forum: https://www.city-data.com/forum/true...-evidence.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 03:10 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
Betty Broderick case.

I wasn't aware of it when it happened but just saw the Netflix movie, then watched the documentary (interviews, etc.).

So unbelievable. The total lack of remorse, the "justification" she made, even to her own children. So....chilling.

Old 03-19-2022, 03:55 PM

308 posts, read 211,591 times
It got worse after the creation of the Internet...and all those crime scene pictures became easily searched and available...
The pictures of the aftermath of the Black Dahlia case....the ED Gein pictures of the hung up bodies and how he used the body parts....all those torture/murder videos of the Mexican cartels.
My morbid curiosity has gotten the worse of me...I love bloody horror movies...but is reasurring
that all that is art...I prefer my gore to be fake.
I'm sincerely trying to stop frequenting those Reddit subreddits and other gore sites. I've become desensitized and indifferent to watching those things. It all started with Rotte.com 1n 1996 fpr me,when I first got internet access.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:10 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,896,476 times
I have lived in Phoenix since 1972 so there are three murders that immediately come to mind.

1976 - Don Bolles, investigative reporter. Murdered by car bomb in Phoenix.
1978 - Bob Crane, star of the TV show Hogan's Heros. Murdered in Scottsdale.
1991 - Patricia Willoughby, a Mesa resident murdered in Rocky Point.

All three are convoluted real life murder mysteries that you can look up on the internet if you want to read about them.

My favorite historical murders were the 1892 axe murders of Andrew and Abby Borden in Fall River Massachusetts. Daughter Lizzie, prime suspect, was acquitted.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:48 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantcookies View Post
Abduction and murder of Adam Walsh
Well, that might.......but not for the reasons said.

To the thread subject? All of them, I suppose, but that was my life. Mom would call such attention to that as mind pollution......but she understood it was necessary in my line of work.

My shelves are still loaded with real crime paper backs. Some, were required reading like Green River while others were support to that like Dahlmer and maybe Bundy. Others, though, were just to build the data base in my head to be able to process information. Then one was a favor to a friend whose family was described in the book and I read the book to report back to her how they were depicted. Need to get rid of those books.....but still have my Burgess and Hazelwood and Geberth on investigation.

This is one of the reasons why I don't watch American crime TV because often, they pull their episodes from a real life case and often, I will recognize that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I have been following True Crime for many years. Discovered author Ann Rule and my interest took off. Read every book of hers I could get my hands on. The following 2 crimes were not an Ann Rule book.........
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was about some publication series.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-19-2022 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-19-2022, 10:53 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,320,674 times
Johnny Gosch.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:37 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, that might.......but not for the reasons said.
Where was the reason stated?

Old 03-20-2022, 09:44 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Ann Rule's book ( and later the televison movie with a mesmerizing Farrah Fawcett ) Small Sacrifices.
Diane Downs shot her three beautiful children because her new boyfriend did not want kids . The testimony
by her surviving daughter is heartbreaking.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-20-2022, 11:30 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Where was the reason stated?
The aftermath of Adam Walsh turned us into a country of informers. Right or wrong, we became a country of watching each other, telling on each other, right or wrong.

Old 03-20-2022, 12:15 PM

60 posts, read 29,152 times
The Black Dahlia was pretty gruesome, so it sticks in my mind. But, you know, I could have made a list, because gruesome things are common now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime