Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 AM

484 posts, read 970,267 times

Advertisements

Something that rings true more in more in my life: When someone gets really upset over another's actions, it is more than likely that it is because that person sees a bit of their own actions, which they do not want to own up to.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM

119 posts, read 293,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robabeatle View Post
something that rings true more in more in my life: When someone gets really upset over another's actions, it is more than likely that it is because that person sees a bit of their own actions, which they do not want to own up to.
be nice now

Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 AM

461 posts, read 1,314,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robabeatle View Post
Something that rings true more in more in my life: When someone gets really upset over another's actions, it is more than likely that it is because that person sees a bit of their own actions, which they do not want to own up to.
I haven't seen anyone on here getting "really upset" over another's actions....

Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Why "Debtors' Prison?" . . . when we have KARMA.
Funny thing about KARMA. If you don't believe in it, it doesn't have any effect on ya. It's sort of like bad luck that way. Only the people who believe in it seem to have it.
You can buy again in 3 years after a foreclosure. The lenders haven't strayed that much from their idiotic ways. If you ask an expert they will tell you to walk from the underwater mortgage in their first few words. Get out, start over, end of story.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksn75 View Post
I haven't seen anyone on here getting "really upset" over another's actions....
Only people who are jealous because they are still in an underwater mortgage. Too bad, they should just stay if thats where and what they want. If not then getting out of a bad contract is the best thing for them in the long run. Life is short, don't waist it on morals that only exist in ones mind. It certainly doesn't go in the wardrobe of big business or capitalism. Go to church more if your worried about the unjust. Wear garlic, if your worried about vampires. Etc. Etc. Morality in the business world is really a sad waist of time, it's tiring seeing people drowning over their morals.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:24 AM

461 posts, read 1,314,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Only people who are jealous because they are still in an underwater mortgage. Too bad, they should just stay if thats where and what they want. If not then getting out of a bad contract is the best thing for them in the long run. Life is short, don't waist it on morals that only exist in ones mind. It certainly doesn't go in the wardrobe of big business or capitalism. Go to church more if your worried about the unjust. Wear garlic, if your worried about vampires. Etc. Etc. Morality in the business world is really a sad waist of time, it's tiring seeing people drowning over their morals.
Hmm...not sure why you are quoting me in your response as I'm definitely not jealous nor did I become "overly upset" as a poster claimed people were becoming. My mortgage payment is less than what I would pay for rent in my neighborhood. I can easily afford my payment and don't need to walk away. Uhh...I'm not worried about the unjust, but thanks anyway for your religious advice. Vampires? Not sure what world you are living in. I'm drowing in morals? Interesting...I don't think we have ever met or had a one on one conversation!

Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksn75 View Post
Hmm...not sure why you are quoting me in your response as I'm definitely not jealous nor did I become "overly upset" as a poster claimed people were becoming. My mortgage payment is less than what I would pay for rent in my neighborhood. I can easily afford my payment and don't need to walk away. Uhh...I'm not worried about the unjust, but thanks anyway for your religious advice. Vampires? Not sure what world you are living in. I'm drowing in morals? Interesting...I don't think we have ever met or had a one on one conversation!
No, I didn't mean to upset you I was just responding to your statement. The rest was general. Not personal. Just the only people I notice in general getting upset seem to be upset about the morality of foreclosing. Otherwise, there really isn't any other good reason not to if your in over your head or it doesn't make sense finically to do so according to your future plans.
America has changed economically in outlook as well as the current atmosphere. Old ways don't work well anymore. For example the idea you will have only one good job in your lifetime with a pension is old school as well. You will have several jobs and better plan to climb your own ladder. Things have changed and the morality of the situation isn't even a component for most youngsters in my opinion.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM

484 posts, read 970,267 times
My sentiments exactly.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,804 times
This thread has become a debate on morality, the lack thereof, and general societal decline. None of these topics are specific to Tucson. Feel free to continue this discussion in an appropriate forum. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson