Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 06:03 AM

700 posts, read 927,572 times

Advertisements

Not the Davis-Monthan boneyard -- a different one: "It isn’t a pretty display...but this is an aircraft lovers paradise..."

http://tucson.com/entertainment/tour...ac2e9b9e5.html

Quote:
Tours offer walk through aircraft, history at Tucson 'boneyard'

By Kathleen Allen Arizona Daily Star Apr 20, 2017 Updated 17 hrs ago

Aircraft history is scattered all over a big dirt lot in southeast Tucson.

And once a month, you can explore it.

Boneyard Safari, founded by Ramon C. Purcell, offers tours around and through some of the planes at Aircraft Restoration and Marketing (ARM). You can walk through the belly of a bomber, get a close up look at the cockpit of a C-47, study the bomb-loading guidelines in a P-3 Orion and step into the fuselage of a Vickers Viscount turboprop.

It isn’t a pretty display. These are aircraft that no longer carry troops, fuel airborne planes or drop bombs. They are not airworthy. Wires dangle from chairless cockpits, cone-shaped noses that once shined at the tip of planes are lined up along a chain-link fence. Disembodied tires and wings are scattered about.

But this is an aircraft lovers paradise. (Continued...)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 03:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 35,000,404 times
the pima air museum has aircraft that are flyable. they also have non US aircraft as well, including a few MIGs.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:05 PM

700 posts, read 927,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the pima air museum has aircraft that are flyable. they also have non US aircraft as well, including a few MIGs.
??? Of course Pima Air and Space has that. I thought it would be obvious everybody knows that and that this is something different.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,545,661 times
Not sure what the aim of this thread is. 25 dollars to see uninteresting planes in such a decayed state they can't be identified. No thanks. Just get a spot on Pima's AMARG tour.

I work there as a civilian contractor and I don't tell people I do other wise, the next words out of their mouth is can you take me in to the bone yard? No.

Support the Pima Air Museum and pay for the tour.

25 bucks for this place is highway robbery.

Now 25 bucks to drive around Pinal Air Park. I'd be interested.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:56 PM

612 posts, read 1,027,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Not sure what the aim of this thread is.
Could be that someone just wanted to share something they thought was interesting. Don't like the place, fine, but no need to be negative about the OP who is just sharing information. Sheesh.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:39 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,545,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beTucsonan View Post
Could be that someone just wanted to share something they thought was interesting. Don't like the place, fine, but no need to be negative about the OP who is just sharing information. Sheesh.
As in it looks like an advertisement. Nepotisim on part of the ADS most likely. As this place is not worth seeing for free.

It reads like an ad placed by a failing business.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:32 AM

157 posts, read 479,708 times
Great place to visit My nephew ,who lives in Tucson, took me there a couple of years ago during a visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson