Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:26 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,595,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned quote He said he could easily afford to spend $800 even on a 1-BR, which would buy him a great 1-BR in the best areas. There's nothing decent about Silverbell & Grant. It's not absolutely horrible, but certainly nothing worth recommending.
Their website is nice?

Well... being able to, and wanting to afford something are often different .... I would have no problem paying $800/month for an apt, BUT, I also don't want to over pay for stuff I don't need. As I said, I would be buying a nice house within about a year, but I want to do some exploring first before I get tied down. The less per month the better, but I don't mind paying more rent for a nicer and safer apartment. I guess what I'm saying is ..... $800 is fine, but I don't need a world class gym and spa. If there is a similar unit for $650, in the same area, I would go for that.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-24-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Just curious. Why Tucson? Do you know the area? Are you OK with the heat?

Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Their website is nice?

Well... being able to, and wanting to afford something are often different .... I would have no problem paying $800/month for an apt, BUT, I also don't want to over pay for stuff I don't need. As I said, I would be buying a nice house within about a year, but I want to do some exploring first before I get tied down. The less per month the better, but I don't mind paying more rent for a nicer and safer apartment. I guess what I'm saying is ..... $800 is fine, but I don't need a world class gym and spa. If there is a similar unit for $650, in the same area, I would go for that.

Thanks again guys!
Well, let me put it this way - I don't like the kind of people I see on the streets on the rare occasion I drive through this area... And in most cities proximity to a freeway is not exactly an indication of a "nice" area!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Just curious. Why Tucson? Do you know the area? Are you OK with the heat?
Spent a little time in Tucson. Lived in Phx for a few years. I like the state and its policies, don't mind the heat. (As long as its not humid!!). So, to continue the conversation, Why *not* Tucson (as apposed to say, Phoenix)?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
I'd go for Tucson over Phoenix (having lived in the latter for a couple of years). I did enjoy going to D'Backs games, but, other than that, I'd have preferred the slower pace of Tucson. Craigslist and a crime stat website will give you a clearer picture of what Tucson's rents are and where you'd want to settle down.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 PM

63 posts, read 230,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And why in the world would he do THAT?! He said he could easily afford to spend $800 even on a 1-BR, which would buy him a great 1-BR in the best areas. There's nothing decent about Silverbell & Grant. It's not absolutely horrible, but certainly nothing worth recommending.
My first reply to your post was deleted (guess I was too harsh). I am no Sherlock Holmes, but I am almost certain that I did not ask you to critique my response. The response was intended as a suggestion/advice for 1200 RT. I live in this area and am quite satisfied. The place is not perfect, but it is a great start for anyone just moving here.

That being said, one cannot judge an area just by "rarely" driving through it. Seeing one or two socioeconomically challenged individuals walking along the sidewalks does not warrant an automatic label for an unfavorable area. I came from the DC/Baltimore metro area and 1200RT is coming from LA. Tucson is a walk in the park compared to those places. No doubt about it!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
I am no Sherlock Holmes, but I am almost certain that I did not ask you to critique my response.
In this case you should've used the DM feature. This is a public forum.

Quote:
The response was intended as a suggestion/advice for 1200 RT.
So was mine.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
I'd advise you to look at the online rent sites that have floorplans & pictures, if you can, to start. I have lived in Tucson for 38yrs & have lived in, or visited, most sections of town. I'm quite happy at my current location of Broadway & Pantano @ Arcadia Gardens. There are several other apt complexes in the same area. Rents range between $600-$800 for a large one bedroom. It's close to a Trader Joe's, a Sunflower, a Safeway, one of the malls (Park Place), which has theatres, bookstores, coffee shops, several restaraunts, etc. I agree that you may want to look up crime statistics to any area you are considering moving to. I usually go by on weeknights & weekends to see the traffic/noise levels. Good luck & enjoy Tucson!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:19 PM

13 posts, read 74,182 times
Dig into cragslist.com...Tucson...ap., or room to share... house to share...

Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 AM

Thanks for all the help guys.

Not to start another debate ... but no i just need to decide if Phoenix or Tucson is a better fit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson