Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,977,178 times

Advertisements

You people are funny........do you think this poster hasn't handled this problem as of 2010. They both have either moved or she took some of your advice and called the cops.

She could've been a kind neighbor approached them with cookies, then asked them kindly to keep the pot smoke from coming into her apartment or the next cookies won't be delivered so kindly.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,382,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Not necessarily, they could be medical marijuana patients which would make it 100% legal.

MYOB is my advice.

Illegal drug use is my business. It's everyones.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,533,110 times
Looking at this for future inquiries, and not the OP, if the pot smoke is accompanied by sounds of loud partying, I think that leans in favor of recreational, and not legal medical, use-- usually a whole houseful of people isn't carrying cards allowing medical marijuana and all smoking it together in a party atmosphere. That said, if police are called, they can sort all that out. So, each person can decide whether to make that call or not.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
... ... So, each person can decide whether to make that call or not.

Ignoring illegal drug use is why the cancer is spreading. It is our community. Our neighborhood. The only way to stop the cancer is to report every infraction to the people we pay to enforce our laws. If you choose to look the other way, you are as responsible for the illegal activity as the perpetrators.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,977,178 times
I do believe more goes on at apartments that house students that the OP wouldn't want their parents or sister to see........pot is the least of what goes on where college students gather. I don't believe many parents in this day and age haven't encountered people smoking pot, guess if many were sitting around drunk it would be legal so who would care.

Do parents actually show up where college students live expecting it to be like a "home style" atmosphere. Back in the day due to cheap rent....... I lived in these complexes in the off season and there anything but a place you'd invite your parents if you were concerned about them smelling pot and not alcohol.

When society stops encouraging and lifting up this behavior then college students will go back to studying.

By the way the OP never said what state they were in so how do any of you know it was illegal and he/she didn't have a medical card?? And doesn't mind sharing with their friends or grow their own and has plenty to share..........

Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,479,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
You could have a friendly talk with them. Inform them that the next time they are too noisy, you are gonna call the police, and, the next time they are too noisy, call the cops, most towns have a time limit on how late loud noises should last and, if they are smokin' pot, they really don't want police around.
OP, you must not put yourself in such a position of talking to them. Very dangerous. It's not for you to do, unless you want to end up dead.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
OP, you must not put yourself in such a position of talking to them. Very dangerous. It's not for you to do, unless you want to end up dead.

Wise words. Even I wouldn't do that in an adversarial way, and I carry 24/7. Just drop a dime on them. We pay law enforcement to do a job. Let them do it.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,948,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Not necessarily, they could be medical marijuana patients which would make it 100% legal.

MYOB is my advice.
Uh; If I'm paying some money to live some place and the neighbors are acting stupid, I WILL call the cops. Last time I had to do that to a neighbor; he was led off in cuffs.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,953,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; If I'm paying some money to live some place and the neighbors are acting stupid, I WILL call the cops. Last time I had to do that to a neighbor; he was led off in cuffs.
Being and acting stupid may not be against the law. You better mind your own business or you can be retaliated against. Dont mess with the evil pot smokers they are a dangerous bunch of hard core killers.
They may even rape and murder your family, friends and all of your relatives trying to get their evil fix.
Better move to a safe neighborhood before it's too late.
I bet they even listen to that evil rock and roll music too !

Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,948,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Being and acting stupid may not be against the law. You better mind your own business or you can be retaliated against. Dont mess with the evil pot smokers they are a dangerous bunch of hard core killers.
They may even rape and murder your family, friends and all of your relatives trying to get their evil fix.
Better move to a safe neighborhood before it's too late.
I bet they even listen to that evil rock and roll music too !
I'll take my chances. Tho I now live in Bullhead where the cops WILL bust someone for even just mouthing off to them. I saw just that a few days back; a women was cuffed for driving and crashing with a suspended license, her husband came out and got in a cop's face, the dude was told to back off. He didn't, got Tazed then busted. If I was him; I'd have kept my mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson