Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 09:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times

Advertisements

Did anyone watch these tonight on Lifetime?

The movie was great and it was interesting to see all the behind-the-scenes stuff that went on in their lives. I can't get over the resemblance of the actors who played Gianni, Donatella, and Allegra to their real-life counterparts.

Behind the Headlines was also great.

I guess I'll be watching the repeats tomorrow! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:16 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,722 times
Drat!! I missed it. I'll be watching the repeats. Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea it had already aired.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I thought it was a great docudrama. And the actors were scary how much they looked like the people they played, especially Enrico Colantoni ... wow! I wonder if any of the Versace family saw it. Of course, the NYT hated it.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:32 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
I wonder why Gianni left 50% of his company to his niece- I get that he loved her very much....but that was a very risky move.

Donatella (or whoever is designing under her) has been responsible for getting the Versace brand out of the red on more than one occasion.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Donatella was full of herself, still is. It's the brother than tried, in vain, to reign them both in. I think that Gershon's portrayal was subdued compared to how she is in real life. She desperately wanted to be the face of Versace, but it was Gianni's face, Gianni's vision that made Versace a cutting edge brand. Donatella is the jealous little sister who loved the life, but knew nothing of the business other than going to parties and clubs and meeting people.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I saw the whole entire middle twice, I didn't get the very beginning or the end, but I will.
I love Donatella, sorry, I just do.

I watched an interview with her with some british lady (who was actually painful). Donatella is very nice, a little difficult to understand, but she is warm, and the audience was asking her questions and she seemed very personable, thanked the young designers, she was just nice, and you can see it was genuine.

i think she is nice, i like her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVoso8Myr_k

Old 10-08-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I saw the whole entire middle twice, I didn't get the very beginning or the end, but I will.
I love Donatella, sorry, I just do.

I watched an interview with her with some british lady (who was actually painful). Donatella is very nice, a little difficult to understand, but she is warm, and the audience was asking her questions and she seemed very personable, thanked the young designers, she was just nice, and you can see it was genuine.

i think she is nice, i like her.

Versace - YouTube

I love her accent!!!

Old 10-08-2013, 12:34 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I love her accent!!!

it was a good to listen to here, but the lady interviewing was horrible, she kept interrupting her every few minutes and hardly let Donatella finish her sentence.

I like the end of the interview and she said to the audience that they are the young designers that inspire her, and she said, I really mean it.

She is a beautiful person, and beauty comes from within.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
it was a good to listen to here, but the lady interviewing was horrible, she kept interrupting her every few minutes and hardly let Donatella finish her sentence.

I like the end of the interview and she said to the audience that they are the young designers that inspire her, and she said, I really mean it.

She is a beautiful person, and beauty comes from within.

Absolutely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV