Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 03:26 PM

19 posts, read 17,739 times

Advertisements

If anyone near the Bullard/Tyler area that has built new construction or knows someone that has built, please feel free to chime in. I think we have finally found our land (just signed contract). Now I'm just doing my homework to find a well-known/reputable builder in the area and a bank that's easy to work with or well-know for doing construction loans. I want to make this process as streamlined/easy as possible. Of course, the bank that approved the land loan is an option but I like to have options. Not planning the building process for at least another 6 months. Just want to start collecting my data.
TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 03:56 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,095,023 times
Long ago, I had great dealings with Citizens State Bank of the corner of the SW. Loop and Highway 155 903-581-9600 for Interim Construction Loan, great at the time. Sorry, don't remember the VP., but likely not there. But "back" in the day, they were the best rate at the time, and easy, great to work with.

Glad you found something, can you tell us a little about what you found without being too "revealing"? lol

Other's for current builder's - Best to you. The general area you chose, seems like good appreciation in value, area.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:02 PM

566 posts, read 392,670 times
You have alot of choices as far as builder's are concerned in Tyler. Just to name a few. Chris Copper, Hunt custom homes, Neches, Chandler homes, T Top Construction, Front porch homes, and so on. Matter of fact go check out the Tyler area builder's parade of hpmes that's going on this week. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
We hired Cherie Paro of the Granite Girls (owner/contractor) to do extensive remodeling on our home, and were so pleased with her work that we decided if we ever build she is who we will hire as our builder. She does custom homes as well as any level of remodeling. She ended up doing over $100,000 of work in our home and she may not be done yet! Great attention to detail, good crews, a really good foreman, and she's on top of the latest in technology, trends, processes, options, etc.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
You have alot of choices as far as builder's are concerned in Tyler. Just to name a few. Chris Copper, Hunt custom homes, Neches, Chandler homes, T Top Construction, Front porch homes, and so on. Matter of fact go check out the Tyler area builder's parade of hpmes that's going on this week. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Yes, my husband was actually able to go to the parade of homes last Saturday. He brought the book home also, so I've been looking at the various builders. I just wanted to see if anyone had a personal experience with any of them. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2017, 09:42 PM

39 posts, read 70,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kountrygal View Post
Yes, my husband was actually able to go to the parade of homes last Saturday. He brought the book home also, so I've been looking at the various builders. I just wanted to see if anyone had a personal experience with any of them. Thanks!
We just moved into our home by Trent Williams. We could not be happier. We'd never built a home and he made the process very easy.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:32 AM

Thanks! Yes, Trent Williams builds beautiful homes. We received a quote from him. However, he was a little over our budget. We're waiting to sign a contract with EJ Homes. Hopefully we'll be in the new home by early summer. Lease will be up in June (so we're trying to time everything).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler