Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 PM

94 posts, read 87,261 times

Advertisements

Searched for information regarding the Tanglewood housing area of Tyler and found only one post from 8 years ago. Can anyone here offer any update or insights?

Seems like a very nice area of older well taken care of homes. Anyone have anything else to add?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 08:20 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Yes, older area lower priced mostly smaller well kept area for the most part, from a former real estate brokers view point.

Are school systems important? If so which grades.?

Do you know WHERE Tanglewood is, do you know Tyler? East Tyler, just east of "the loop" Loop 323. Google maps, Clarkston Elementary is pretty much in the middle of Tanglewood. Overall, one of the more reasonably priced, moderately priced areas INSIDE the city limits of Tyler. Less congested "by far" than much of South Tyler. Fairly easy excess to most of Tyler. Medical Center, U.T. Tyler, TJC, areas in particular.

Ok, area for grocery shopping, restaurants, however, most retail in "deep" South Tyler, not all, but most. But, really not that far, compared to most cities Tyler's size.

Anything else, just let me know, if I don't have an opinion about Tyler, which would be unusual, lol, then I will try to find out or refer you.

Retiring, needing a job, why the move or interest in Tyler? Just asking, always curious, lol

Best to you.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:49 AM

94 posts, read 87,261 times
Hi there Mark Senior! Appreciate the response. We are retired, so not so much interested in school districts, but they are important when it comes to resale.

Aging parent in Oklahoma is one reason for our relocation from Florida. Husband has finally retired and quite frankly after 30+ years down there it just seemed like a logical step to finally make it to Texas! Some people have the good fortune to be born here and others just get here as fast as they can.

We have visited frequently lately from deep Hill Country to the Piney Woods and Tyler just seems to check all our boxes. Gorgeous scenery, plenty of lakes, great medical facilities, reasonable weather and close enough proximity to the aging parent for more frequent visits, etc.

We are currently on our way back to Florida (again) having fled Irma. We have a camper and we had planned another trip, but Irma just pushed it forward by two weeks. This time though we are going back to finish packing and putting our house on the market. Our house fortunately had no damage, but we do have lots of landscaping to attend, neighbors have told us we have 10-12 downed trees.

This trip, since we narrowed down our searching to Tyler we met our REA who we have been in contact with for the last few weeks. We got a husband and wife team, so practically a two fer! Tanglewood happened to be the place we found our gem. Right size, right price, seems close enough to everything and quiet and private enough to enjoy the backyard in peace or sit out on the front porch and wave to the neighbors. We made an offer, but 24 hours has gone by without a response, so not getting my hopes up too much. I sincerely believe that things happen for a reason and if it isn't this house, then that just means it isn't meant to be and another house is waiting for us and will be better suited in the long run.

Nevertheless, we will be back in about a month with a truckload of our belongings (stick them in storage) and may just have to live cramped up in an RV park until "the one" presents itself. Sounds like another adventure to me and we love adventures. We are retired, we now have the time.

So that's our story, Mark, very nice to make your aquantance and hope I have satisfied your curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of: