Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:00 PM

67 posts, read 177,710 times

Advertisements

I don't give a **** man... I don't want those ****en slime bucket dominicans in the motherland of my people.... they should be deported back to their stinky ugly country... **** em... our boricua people should get rid of them send them back to their **** box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM

67 posts, read 177,710 times
Default are you loco pana?

I'm from New England, currently living in Florida... Dominicans don't make the mother land better, they're ruining my peoples country, they need to get the hell out of the mother land of my people.. I don't want them there, they're fungus that ruins our streets, prostitution, drugs, etc they need to get the HELL OUT!!!!... I'm not to happy about them there, they need to take a hike back to their **** hole... I LOVE THE LAND OF MY PUERTO RICAN PEOPLE" just got back from the island last week, was up in mayaguez hope i spelled that right... So beautiful, my cousin is a state trooper out there.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmprchitown View Post
Dominicans probably make Puerto Rico better. Think about it, they work, they stimulate the economy, they stay, built, become, and introduce good traditions from DR. It is really not a bad exchange. Now I would not let them build a drug emporium in PR like the Dominicans have done in NYC. I would keep it Chicago Style, where only you own can deal in unlawful activities.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Funny thing is, folks here in the states were saying the same thing about Puerto Ricans once upon a time when they started coming here in droves. In fact, I live in east Harlem (Little Puerto Rico) and I still hear people of other nationalities saying EXACTLY what the fellow above me is saying about Dominicans in 'his' country.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 AM

758 posts, read 2,240,957 times
Whenever Boricuas say denigrating things about Dominicans it makes my blood boil. Dominicans risk life and limb to cross the Mona, then, once on the island, manage to find the bottom of the barrel jobs that no boricuas will take (They'd rather take unemployment) and since they don't qualify for welfare or social security, they're on their own, and many manage to rise from the bottom and make a pretty comfortable living for themselves, without government help. I'd like to see anyone on this forum accomplish that.

It's all about picking on the little guy. People blame Dominicans for the surge in crime and social problems like prostitution. This is all home grown, and any Dominicans caught in this are probably pawns in a Puerto Rican mob boss's possee. Crime and social problems are really not the responsibility of one ethnic group.

The reality is, that jobs and resources on the island are limited, and it can't possibly absorb a lot of immigration....

. Like I said in a previous forum, I wish there was room for all of 'em cuz the girls r FIIIIINE.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 AM

35 posts, read 75,065 times
This is so stupid. I cant believe how some people make an issue out of such a non issue. There is always a racist against "people not like me" huh? pathetic lowlife xenophobes. Who cares where people are from????? Everyone is an individual and no one person OR GROUP OF PEOPLE represent an entire race. geez. This is so stupid.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:29 PM

355 posts, read 1,047,150 times
Wow, so much hate against Dominicans. I don't know why though. All the Dominicans I know are hard working and are just looking for a better way of life. Given there are many here illegally, but I don't see how they are "diminishing" PR in any way.

Also given I have never lived anywhere were Dominicans have populated overnight, so maybe I don't have enough experience.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
It is human nature to be hateful towards a new group. What do you think happened when PRs moved to NYC? And PRs to this day shout racism and how they are victims..poor us...then turn around and do the same thing to Dominicans. Hypocritical much? What is happening in PR, is the same thing that PRs did to NYC...so what's the problem here? For the record though, it is only a small (but vocal) group that spews such hate, and the fact remains that PR, and PRs, are very supportive of those DRs that make it to the island, and DR are helped in every way that they can be.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 PM

93 posts, read 140,268 times
I've never been to Puerto Rico, but I only hear Puerto Rican living in the Island issuing racist remarks about Dominicans. Thank God I've never lived there because I would it have a bad opinion of them.

I know I lot of Boricuas here in the states and they are the friendlier people in the world, Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are like bothers and sisters here in the states. When Dominican first arrived in NYC Boricuas where the ones who help us get by, usually translating from Spanish to English, and letting us now where we could find a job. And the marriage rate is pretty high between Dominicans and Boricuas.

I don't know why some Boricuas in the Island feel threaten by us!!! I lot of Boricuas live in the DR and they feel like they are living at home.

We had two Dominican presidents or Puerto Rican descent, "Joaquin Balaguer" and "Juan Bosch". A lot of today's famous Dominicans are of Puerto Rican descent "Oscar de la Rent" is just one example.

A lot of Dominican go to Borinque for a better life and to find success, but I'll bet that they never will find the opportunities and success that many Dominican of Puerto Rican descent found in the Dominican Republic, because we welcomed them with love and and open arm and we still welcome them with open arm, and they still succeeding in the DR.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM

6 posts, read 16,784 times
holy shyt
dis person is so ignorant
u need 2 educate urself a little bit
well ur profile saids u live in da us but yet ur boriqua y is dat
den all puerto ricans should go back 2 der country n leave the americans alone
this is sad 2 hear from another latino because u would dink he/she would understand poverty
dominicans bring more crime 2 PR because they are the lower class
as do haitions 2 dr and as do latinos 2 da US
this person is just ignorant im dominican and many wealthier dominicans are at fault of this ignorance 2 too, saying haitions should go back to haiti
and besides you are proberly more spaniard desent dan anything else
yet u took dat land from the tainos
n killed 98% of them den modern puerto ricans wanna claim they r taino wen less than 10% have taino heritage unlike in DR which is way higher
but my point is ur ancester took the land so what makes you better

Last edited by bkhex; 03-30-2010 at 12:29 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
The question is this...has the "Amaury" in question violated the law by entering the United States - via Puerto Rico - illegally? If the answer is YES, then they need to be deported to their country of origin IMMEDIATELY!

If they have entered the United States - via Puerto Rico - legally, then they have the right to pursue a better life as does anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories