Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 01:42 PM

4 posts, read 8,756 times

Advertisements

Ok got it, thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 463 times
I have the same question 5 years after the original posters question. It’s even harder to get a hold of the office now during a pandemic. Does anyone know how to make this smooth transition between UI to SDI? How do you fill out the forms and notify UI if you can’t get a hold of anyone? Is there a place online to do so? Will just stop claiming work?

Thank you!

Old 08-15-2020, 10:58 AM

268 posts, read 205,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe8484 View Post
I have the same question 5 years after the original posters question. It’s even harder to get a hold of the office now during a pandemic. Does anyone know how to make this smooth transition between UI to SDI? How do you fill out the forms and notify UI if you can’t get a hold of anyone? Is there a place online to do so? Will just stop claiming work?

Thank you!

When you file for SDI, your doctor will note the start date of your disability. If your disability will be for more than 2 weeks, you can probably just stop filing for UI & then reopen your claim once your Dr. releases you.

You can also opt to file UI & answer the questions accurately (not able) starting on X date. This will trigger an interview & you can confirm with the EDD person then. You may like to do this if you became disabled in the middle of the week (like Thurs)---you could file UI for that week for Sunday thru Wed & then note that you were not able starting Thursday. You would then get paid UI for a partial week. Note, SDI has a 7 day waiting period before benefits begin.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 149 times
Hello, I know this thread is old but if anyone could help me out with this I’d really appreciate it. Is it better to file for unemployment instead of SDI if I haven’t paid enough into the CASDI through my paycheck? I’m new to the state.

Old 02-24-2024, 01:29 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGod1 View Post
Hello, I know this thread is old but if anyone could help me out with this I’d really appreciate it. Is it better to file for unemployment instead of SDI if I haven’t paid enough into the CASDI through my paycheck? I’m new to the state.
Do you have enough qualified wage and work history in CA to qualify for unemployment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment