Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 AM

4 posts, read 7,262 times

Advertisements

My wife has an ab date of 4/23/17. We filed on 05/07 like we were told to, for confirmation that claim was accepted... Then we guess they had to further investigate. Received letter stating job could not show cause that she was let go for any wrong doing on her part. And that she qualified for benefits with week ending 4/29. Cant file again until 05/21.. Still haven't received payment from first claim and when I check status it say.. initial claim has been processed. Please file biweekly claims as instructed.. When we check benefit payment status it just says no payment has been issued in the past 4 weeks.... She is registered with job gateway and is already working... But they say that she is entitled to the two weeks she was out of work..... Can anyone please help or lead us somewhere... Would really appreciate it.... Ready to pull hair out.... Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 01:35 PM

210 posts, read 377,941 times
What is the date on the determination letter? Sounds like the adjudication stop that was put on the claim has not removed, preventing payment from being released. She needs to call the initial claims line. Timely first benefit payment is something the Feds grade them on, so they will usually move quickly on these. The fact she is working might be a problem if she is on day shift. Not like she can spend all day at a new job calling the UC Service Center. They take calls on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Monday and Tuesday's are crazy, so I would advise trying to call Thursday on her lunch.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 PM

The determination date is 5/10 and still till today nothing. She works 6a-6pm so it is hard and I can't call on her lunch is the best thing. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:44 PM

210 posts, read 377,941 times
If she can't get through to the initial claims line on her lunch, she can try sending a fax to the cloesest UC Service Center and request an outbound call during a specific time frame. Unfortunately, they don't always call outbound during the time you asked for. That's a lot of fun for construction workers who are working intermittent and can't have their cell phone out on the job site.
Here is a link to the UCSC fax numbers Contact-Us-UC-Benefits-Info

Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 AM

Thanks I appreciate it I filed for her like she was suppose to. Do you think they would of sent her a letter stating something was wrong? Really don't know what else to do. She is thinking of taking off one day this week to go to the career link being that they have a phone that links directly to them. It's crazy because when she registered on the job gateway it said everything was completed on her half hopefully we find something out soon. Thanks for replies and the help

Old 05-23-2017, 01:41 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,189,163 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post48250698

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillafane View Post
I need help myself my wife was determined eligible and quilifies, received letter stating that she left work on 4/21 and can receive benefits with waiting week ending 4/29 she filed like she was supposed to.... Returned to work 5/1 a lot sooner then she expected. Told us she is eligible for the 10 days she was out of work when she filed she stated that she was working still haven't got any payment or letter... Anyone have any idea what's going on or what should we do? She works from 6a-6pm so it's very difficult for her to call..... Thanks
With this new more complete information, I'd say your wife isn't going to be getting any UI money. 4/21 was a Friday. I'm assuming she worked that whole week. She'd have earned too much that week to have received waiting week credit if she even filed on Friday, 4/21 when she got home from work that evening.

4/23 to 4/29 would have been the waiting week assuming that PA has one, and she'd have gotten no money for that week.

Then she started a new job on Monday 5/1. Assuming she's been working fulltime since that date, she's not entitled to any money for being out of work.

Even assuming she's entitled to a week of benefits (I don't think she is. 10 days if not spaced correctly just isn't long enough to be eligible), you're making way too big a deal out of this. There's just not that much money at stake.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 AM

Your right and we spoke to someone and the only reason we kept asking questions is this is the first time we receive unemployment.... But thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment