Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 09:11 AM

819 posts, read 577,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Can you do me a favor and identify what evidence supports this? For some reason, I'm reading it completely different based on the interpretation information I was given by a USPS low level legal executive. The process does align with what the OP states, but the meaning of two piece of information is not exactly as the Op describes it. So, the ALJ would need to first determine whose definition is superior, the OP's or the USPS regulations; knowing that the Eagan ASC provides the very last action.
The OP actually had the USPS regulations with her at the hearing, to submit as evidence, if needed, to show what each document meant. However, it is my understanding the ALJ wouldn't let her submit the supporting evidence - and instead, took the employer's verbal interpretation.

The OP was ready to back her documents with copies of the USPS regulations that applied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 10:15 AM

150 posts, read 69,180 times
[quote=Rabrrita;56373428]As for PTF's, you are sadly mistaken as they are still in use throughout the USPS workforce and are specifically listed in the manual under section 432.111 as active current employees. You may be thinking of the change from non career to career. However PTF's are not guaranteed work hours just like PSE's but the main difference is PTF's are career employees not temps like PSEs.[quote]

I stand corrected, as I have family members that work within the postal facility today as management.

PTF position's do exist but for local post office stations.

This position is offered as in house hiring to PSE's clerks for career appointment's with lousy work hrs as I did not know that because I always worked in a distribution plant. And working in a distribution plant there are no PTF's within this area.

Nor do they hired them from the public.

But there's nothing BS about my circumstances!!

I stated my truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment