Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 2,218 times

Advertisements

Ok so I lost a family member very tragically at the end of last year, had quite a few issues with my Monday attendance but my former manager used all of my pto time to "punish me" yet I was written up in feb as warning and it was just that a warning, I never signed it, also was told in order for me to call off I had to do it 24hrs in advance, which is what the pto thing was invented for, (unplanned absences) anyway, my attendance issues improved, and then we got new management who my boss who had a huge problem with me personally told the new boss all the good stuff on me, so long story short, called off a couple times because the wife wrapped the truck around the thing that protects the gas pumps in july and had to take a day or two in june too because of drive shaft, but when I called in on sat because I wasn't scheduled until tues to let them know I would need a couple days, dispatch said that was fine, I kept in contact and was told they were working on schedule, so on tues I asked if I could be put on schedule for thurs. Sure no problem, until thurs when I was not dispatched but fired by the new person that had taken over our account. Now how do I approach this hearing tues if anyone could be as so kind to help me I would really be grateful/.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 05:20 PM

13,148 posts, read 21,125,337 times
Lets start with the most important fact, what state are you in?

Second, exactly what did your denial letter state as the reason for being disqualified?

Third, did you have a telephone interview with unemployment? If so, what exactly did you say to them?

Old 10-05-2019, 06:15 PM

live in Indiana
misconduct as reasoning for firing me
yes, told them called in and was told I would be put on schedule, then fired
worked in illinois

Old 10-06-2019, 02:56 AM

819 posts, read 575,401 times
Is your claim filed with Illinois?

Did you get a copy of your hearing file? If not, it is probably too late to get it before Tuesday's hearing, unless you go pick it up at the local office in Illinois on Monday.

Hearing File Request https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/IDES%...ns/APL115F.pdf

It would help to know what your employer has submitted to UI BEFORE the hearing.

You also have to submit any evidence to the Hearing Office and the employer 24 hours before the hearing. That would probably be pretty hard to do if you won't even know what the employer has submitted until Monday.

Does your letter (that denied you) state the nature of your misconduct? What details does it give?

Old 10-06-2019, 03:03 AM

Do you have your phone records showing those phone calls on the Saturday and Tuesday?

Do you have repair bills for the truck that would show it was inoperable the days you missed (right before you were fired)?

Did you use your truck for work? Or was it just your transportation to work?

Did you still have PTO left when you were fired?

Old 10-08-2019, 01:57 PM

yes just got their paperwork

yes I sent what proof I had
misconduct as being attendance

Old 10-08-2019, 01:59 PM

yes sent the text messages to use truck as transportation to get to work, they used pto time which says that my call offs can not be counted as occurances. and yes received rest of pto time when I was fired

Old 10-08-2019, 02:08 PM

specifically said I called off every Monday. last time was talked to about it was in 2/19 said I called off in may and then sent 2 different policies one for company I was contracted out to as well as trucking company who employed me, final written in 02/19, but then nothing after that. so pretty much gathering unless hearing officer is completely incompetant should just keep my mouth shut and let the paper work speak for itself? also manager who wrote me up is no longer on acct. that I was fired from.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Did you have your hearing today?

Old 10-08-2019, 10:56 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,603,614 times
As the sun rises in the East they will find away to justify the termination learn don’t burn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment