Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 756 times

Advertisements

To start, I should have asked for advice on here before I filed. My first time filing (i have screwed up probably) and I am trying to increase my chance at winning the appeal. Any advice is appreciated.

Reason for separation: Combination of quitting and being fired.

Left a 9 year job for another job. Was there for less than 2 weeks. I told my boss, this isn't working out, and he said don't show up the next day.

Case Packet

Notice of determination/ruling: You are not eligible to receive benefits under Cal UI code section 1256 beginning 6/23/19 and continue until you return to work after the disqualifying act and earn $1910 o more in bona fide employment and you contact the above office to reopen your claim.

You quit your last job. You have not shown that the quit was necessary or that you had explored all reasonable options before quitting. You do not meet the legal requirements for payment of benefits.

Phone interview claimant information:cs er was trying to push her out. she thing er had higher expectations and didn't train her and expected results. she felt he was unhappy with her being there. she quit and left. she gave no notice. told him it was not working out . she said did he want her to come in tomorrow after she clocked out for the day. er stated no she didn't need to come in next day. cs er wanted and accountant not an office mgr. (For the record I didn't tell the phone interview agent i quit and left. I told him the boss told me not to show up the next day.)

Employer: Was under trial and could not do the work. the clmt was not qualified for the position and quit on her own accord.

Summery of material facts and reason for decision:
clmt was an office mgr when she quit. she quit with no notice and er hadn't told her she was fired.

On Appeal form: I wrote "I disagree because my employer told me not to show up the following day after i attempted to talk to him. I expressed to him it was not working out because he did not provide the tools for me to complete the work successfully. He wanted the work done and would question me after each task. The work at this job was for 3 person not one.

The notice of hearing:

1030/32 Should the employer's reserve account be charged for any benefits paid to the claimant.

1256 Did the claimant voluntarily leave his or her most recent employment with out good cause. Was the the claimant discharged for misconduct connected with his or her most recent work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 01:20 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,363,403 times
Your only story is simple.

You had concerns about your position. Your boss fired you.

And you’re right...it would have been better to check in here before you filed and before you appealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment