Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 259 times

Advertisements

Hello,

When January started I got a new job that was around the same amount from me working a full time job and a part time job together. When leading up to the pandemic I was working one day a week at my part time job, and full time at my new job. When the pandemic hit my part time job laid me off and family told me to apply see what happens. When it came to asking me all the questions about income every scenario was saying either hours cut or laid off which wasn't true. So I reported my old job that I left for my new job and my part time job. In the comment section of one of my jobs I did list the job and how much I made and how it wasn't affected. Later on I had to fill more questions and filled out the forms the same way since technically nothing happened then got a letter stating I didn't qualify because I had a full time job. I understand that and had no issue. Now end of June I was laid off from my main job. The website won't let me apply because its still open. I sent a couple emails and finally got a hold of them over the phone. They didn't really care about me explaining the whole story. So now my weekly benefits is only based on my part time job because they said I left my older job which I stated was because of my new job, I can start claiming for my new date but the amount didn't change. They said I can appeal when the paperwork comes in. Does anyone have any advice, I was wanting to close it and just apply again since it was denied originally. I feel I was trying to do the right thing and ended up getting screwed over. I honestly don't know what to do and just wanna cry. Will the appeal see it the way it happened or will I lose what my weekly benefit income because of this. I could use some help.

I am sorry for the extremely long message. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am currently planning on waiting for the paperwork to come and appeal.

mrespn895

Last edited by mrespn895; 07-09-2020 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment