Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM

70 posts, read 107,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chaser View Post
Apparently you didn't take my earlier suggestion, so here goes, point by point:
Spirits can be active 24/7, there is no hard and fast rule that governs such activity.
No, not all spirits are nice, some can be dangerous, will seek out humans to do harm to them.
Why houses, why castles, battlefields, ships, etc. lots of guesses but frankly, I think that is what rhey are, guesses.
Indoors or outdoors? No idea why, I can guess but I can't prove what I speculate on.
Locations in a home to "hang out in"?Simply because it pleases them and they usually move around unless they have been "grounded" to a certain location.
Not everybody comes back as a "ghost".
Why can dog see ghosts, darn good question, my two can see what is about here and I can't.Maybe theconstruction of their eyes but don't think it has anything to do with the supernatural or paranormal.
you don't subscribe to the theory of domestic animals having a psychological differance? think about it, animals can sence when natural disasters are about to occur. Maybe they infact have a "sixth sense" something that humans over the years of evolution have lost. A baby horse is born, 2 minutes later its running around, how long does it take a human baby to walk? and why? humans rely on other humans. animals can only rely on themselves, so what if its a survival instinct, the abilitly to be sensitive to the environmental changes, we all know that a spirit manifestation is a huge environmetal change.

just a thought anyone care to weigh in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,419,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think you have to understand the mechanics of the universe we live in to understand the 'paranormal'.

Once that is understood, less things seem to be NOT normal. There are people who like science and proof and cannot accept (yet) other models of the universe other than the one we are taught at school/university. I feel that this model of the universe is flawed, but that is only a feeling and not a science-proved 'fact'.

We are dealing with beliefs in paranormal since we cannot measure much of this stuff yet. That means that you will have to get yourself a model of how you believe the universe hangs together which explains most of what you read and then add bits to that belief system as you go.These forums posts are a collection of experiences and beliefs which you have to accept or reject as the truth for you. No-one can tell you what your truth is and you cannot tell others what their truth is for them.

There are snippits of truth everywhere spanning from science to religion and so what you are asking in this thread is for our beliefs which will not be yours when you have found them. :-)

My congratulations excellent post, in fact, the basis of the consideration, about the paranormal, is driven by the religious idea.. that defiles the knowledge in the Western world, the commitment and determination of the dominant religious group continues to keep in the darkness the evolution of mankind

Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 AM

We should forget for a few seconds, the existence of the order of things wanted, we should imagine the human dimension as a set of energy completely unknown, which sometimes casually involve us, as our mind has the power to create infinite number of points of contact, maybe we will have a real idea of what surrounds us

Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,028,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang_nutt76 View Post
I have a question about something i experienced that ive never heard of before. I still sometimes wonder if it happened the way i remember it ir if i was maybe mistaken but then i resolve without question that this happened. Im not a crazy person or some wierdo. In fact im a 37 year old mother of 3 who is very open to the spiritual world. Ive always been drawn to stories of spirits (having seen a few as a young girl), psychics, mediums, ghosts, ect. But a few months ago, as i was cleaning the house, I walked into my bathroom and was checking myself in the huge mirror that was hanging above the sink(and took up the entire length of the wall) when suddenly i heard a noise that sounded as if the wall was taking a deep breath in and the wall/mirror expanded to the point that i quickly stepped to avoid the mirror exploding in my face because it was convex! I know this sounds crazy but the wall/mirror didnt look "solid" it appeared to have a rippled look to it. Kind of like what you see in ghost or time-travel movies when someone steps back thru time and the area they walked out of looks like its water ripples? Thats the way it looked then there was a strange sound i cant describe and the wall goes back down to normal . When it did that i could hear it "exhale" for lack of a better word, and then the medicine cabinet that was located on the adjoining wall, inches from the mirror, it opened. That cabinet was closed. It has a magnetic lock to keep it closed and when it opened i heard the cabinet being pulled from the magnet keeping it shut, That cabinet never opened by itself because it was always shut back and the apartment was level so it was a force of somekind that made it open on its own but What?? Now during this short event i rubbed my eyes to make sure i didnt have something in them, i wondered if i stood up to fast and got a head rush, but i felt normal. Everything was fine and if the medicine cabinet hadnt opened i would probably doubt myself or convince myself that i didnt just see my mirror expand to the point that the mirror looked like it was being bent in half, but i did and i felt no rush of cold air, nothing wierd happened after that or before so....ever heard of something like that before????
Please, after you write several sentences, hit the ENTER key twice to leave some spacing for the reader. I could not read your post because all the words are jumbled together. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be nasty, just advising. Thank you.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,028,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaComm View Post
you don't subscribe to the theory of domestic animals having a psychological differance? think about it, animals can sence when natural disasters are about to occur. Maybe they infact have a "sixth sense" something that humans over the years of evolution have lost. A baby horse is born, 2 minutes later its running around, how long does it take a human baby to walk? and why? humans rely on other humans. animals can only rely on themselves, so what if its a survival instinct, the abilitly to be sensitive to the environmental changes, we all know that a spirit manifestation is a huge environmetal change.

just a thought anyone care to weigh in
Well, the knowledge that we DO have is that some other life forms on the planet can see out of our range and hear out of our range, so why not a psychic ability out of our range?

I don't think some animals are as dumb as we take them for. We judge everything by our capabilities, which is to be expected. We are not sure why geese fly in formation. I see pigeons sitting together on a neighbor's roof. I know they are sunning themselves, but they are surprisingly smart animals, and I think something is going on, even though I cannot detect it. Cats will at times follow 'nothing' about a room with their eyes.

There is one school of thought that says psychic ability was something we may have had before we ad a written language, and diminished in some proportion with our verbal and written capabilities. There are others who believe we are evolving and will gradually become more sensitive over the generations. We are leaving an age in which brawn is necessary to exist and rely on and train our mental facility more.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,706,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There is one school of thought that says psychic ability was something we may have had before we ad a written language, and diminished in some proportion with our verbal and written capabilities. There are others who believe we are evolving and will gradually become more sensitive over the generations. We are leaving an age in which brawn is necessary to exist and rely on and train our mental facility more.
I think we still have it but it's in atrophy. I don't think the development of language caused the ability to diminish. I think it was religion and people in positions of power who could control others through the religion.
Many bits of knowledge became hidden and only taught to the elite.
Since it was considered bad, people suppressed it and through generations, forgot about the ability. This extinction, so to speak, has now made it so it is no longer a 'real thing' because no one has a memory of when it was commonplace.
Because 'we' no longer believe there is this ability, why would we excercise it?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,113,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think you have to understand the mechanics of the universe we live in to understand the 'paranormal'.

Once that is understood, less things seem to be NOT normal. There are people who like science and proof and cannot accept (yet) other models of the universe other than the one we are taught at school/university. I feel that this model of the universe is flawed, but that is only a feeling and not a science-proved 'fact'.

We are dealing with beliefs in paranormal since we cannot measure much of this stuff yet. That means that you will have to get yourself a model of how you believe the universe hangs together which explains most of what you read and then add bits to that belief system as you go.These forums posts are a collection of experiences and beliefs which you have to accept or reject as the truth for you. No-one can tell you what your truth is and you cannot tell others what their truth is for them.

There are snippits of truth everywhere spanning from science to religion and so what you are asking in this thread is for our beliefs which will not be yours when you have found them. :-)
Precisely my approach. It is much easier to dwell in this world when you understand there are multiple worlds and sometimes they cross back and forth. But it IS a bit disconcerting to hear, feel, and see others when logically, they shouldn't be here now.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Precisely my approach. It is much easier to dwell in this world when you understand there are multiple worlds and sometimes they cross back and forth. But it IS a bit disconcerting to hear, feel, and see others when logically, they shouldn't be here now.

The infinity has a single root, everything is in one, and one.. intended as a living unity.. is inside all.. as essence of what surrounds us

Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 AM

7,045 posts, read 6,969,172 times
living dead girl -
Quote:
But it IS a bit disconcerting to hear, feel, and see others when logically, they shouldn't be here now.
"shouldn't" is a judgement based on our beliefs, but as soon as we start to believe that these things are natural and to be expected, then they kind-of fit in with the way stuff works. In our 3D world, there are beings we want to hang out with and those we dont want to hang out with - and so there are in other dimensions too I guess.

Maybe our logic is the one thing which we SHOULD lose and then get back to the instinctual earthly belief systems which often cause their proponents more of a respect for the Earth.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM

651 posts, read 707,196 times
I have stayed in many haunted places form Myrtles plantation to the Crescent hotel in Arkansas, never seen anything. Orbs are dust particles reflecting flash, Nope not one thing to prove any of the stories of the supernatural. With all the cameras and technology something concrete would have been found by now. mediums are frauds and taking advantage of the vulnerable..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal