Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 04:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I personally believe, I just hope nothing paranormal ever happens to me! I'd be so terrified, I wouldn't know what to do. That's actually my main fear these days.
I don't like allowing my fears to rule me. I don't like the idea of setting up my emotional response before anything even happens. I normally go into a clean blank slate, no disbelief, no belief, no fear, what happens, happens. Then go into a "rule out the possible reasons" phase. Sounds academic, but it works for me.

I had a man come to my office at work to see me and he was in a wheel chair. When he got to my door, I was facing the other way and when I turned I saw a man behind him who quickly moved down the hall. I asked the wheel chair guy who pushed him to my office. He said no one. I started laughing and said, "Yeah, right." Then I got up and checked the hallway. Nothing. There was an exit door, but it would have been heard by both of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:32 PM

119 posts, read 410,271 times
To answer the original question, yes.

This was a new hotel built over a torn down mental hospital. The hotel is kind of funky as well; that is, there are some... unexplainable 'blank' spaces that are more like holes in the walls covered with more walls. There are several feet of such space all throughout. I've been really early in the morning (4am) and very late at night (past 2am) working, and we all hate going to the "ground" floor, around the staff halls, which contain most of said blank spaces. Especially in the wee hours of the night, you can hear muttering. We can't ever tell what they're saying, but it's quite distinct... and it moves. Sometimes it seems to react to our approaching, but most of the time it goes on regardless. Most of the staff ignores it because it freaks us out.

Then there's the randomly operating coffee or ice tea machines... they go off as people are coming or going, and stop right before you look in their direction, still dripping. Oh, and too many times we've lost glassware that was stacked, and ends up in the floor. One time there were some wine glasses that we left stacked on the upper shelf, and in the morning, all but one had 'fallen' and broken. The remaining one was standing upright. I think we lost 2 workers that morning. Religious folk. (Oh, and no; nobody can go in there without one of 2 keys, as alcohol is also stored in that room and is always sealed when not in use).

Forgot to add one last incident. There is a 6th floor, which is more of a viewing open room. It's fenced in for security, of course, but sometimes (especially during the winter time, ugh!!), we get a false fire alarm. Being a hotel, we have to wait for the fire marshal to give us the good to go, and all guests and staff are evacuated outside. We hand out pool towels to people, even though we know that doesn't help. Anyway, almost every time without fail, we can see a small figure moving on the 6th floor viewing section. It's like a kid running back and forth, looming over to see down, then going over to the elevator never to be seen again. That's the first place the marshal goes to when they have to come in...

Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
Man.... great stuff!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:07 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
I used to.. My boss was a witch... And some of the other workers were demons.....

Old 05-31-2018, 12:13 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
It's now mid-2018!

Wow, no posts in the last 4 yrs. I'm reviving this thread since many of you may not even know it's here. I haven't had any more work hauntings myself.

Anyone?!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:21 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
I worked at a place where someone killed themselves. It was a dingy garage, I thought "what a miserable place" to take your last breath! It was torn down a few years later

Old 05-31-2018, 05:28 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I worked at a place where supposedly a resident from the third floor hung himself on the stairwell of the first floor. The police dusted the iron brace for prints, and the black dust feathery swipes don’t come off. And when the stairwell was repainted, they came back. I cleaned them. They came back. The other thing was the elevator would stop and the doors would open on the third floor constantly. People would complain about the elevator stopping all the time, even after all the mechanics were replaced. And there were a number of times people were on the third floor talking, so when the elevator stopped, there was someone there to confirm no one pressed the call button. There was no reason for that to happen. It just did.

And, as I worked there for 20 years, this phenomena faded. Happened less and less. Stopped completely a few years ago. Fingerprint powder traces are still there.

Now, I did happen to do a serious search via the library’s newspaper archives. Never did find anything on it. Searched 10 years of newspapers.

This elevator stopping happened to me, too, but there was never a feeling about it. Most people didn’t know the story, they would just have the elevator guy look at the elevator, and there was never anything wrong with it. So it wasn’t creepy. Neither was the stairwell.

On the fourth floor, however, a short term resident complained to me about his second balcony door opening in the night. Some of the units had two bedrooms with balcony access, and he told me, and he was upset about, the fact that he would check it was locked nightly, and in the morning, it was unlocked and open. In a few months, he left. No one else ever mentioned anything about the unit,so my assumption was there was something going on with him.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 05-31-2018 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 07:21 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I worked at a place where a part time person was there at night. He said he saw the figure of a woman holding something in her hand and walking around, and then she simply vanished. No one else should have been there. After that incident he refused to work by himself any longer at night.
I don't think this person was prone to making up stories. This was the only time and he was attending the police academy when this happened.
That location also has stories of other things happening as well.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:30 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
Yes, a couple of places but in particular that was especially disturbing/creepy:

Most recently, an older prison where I worked as the HR manager. I had just started and one of the things that I wanted to do was go around and visit the corrections officers while they were on post because they couldn't leave and I wanted to meet them all. Since the "off shifts" always feel left out, I decided that I would meet the 7pm-7am officers first. I made my rounds down each wing and went from pod to pod meeting all of the officers and it was going along well. I went to one pod and when I got near a particular empty cell, I felt a cold sweat come over me and a sudden sadness. I felt very uncomfortable and the pod officer must have noticed me looking over at the cell because she leaned in and whispered, "none of the inmates will go in there. They all think it's haunted or something because a guy hung himself in there a week ago!" I didn't blame the inmates if they were feeling anything close to what I felt when I even got close to that cell.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:59 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
I used to work at nights in a block of offices in Glasgow that used to be a private house... at night after the workers left me and one other woman would clean up the offices.. it was on three levels but with attics and a basement... Some nights we would open a door and workers were doing overtime... so we were used to either typewriters going or hearing the back fire door slam in the basement as some worker went home ..one night while we were working away we heard women laughing, not a hearty laugh more like a light girlie laugh , high voice.. we both looked at each other and smiled thinking it was an office girl working late... and as we approached the only office there we knocked on the door to get in to clean and got no response.... we knocked again then went in.... not a soul there... we both looked at each other in terror... there was no other office up that end of the old house.. We carried on though the place but kept together and hoped another worker might be in the building but no one was there ....On another occassion the fire door slammed shut and we thought a worker had just gone out to pick up his car at the back.. but when we went out the garage door which lead from the heavy fire door was locked...Now ok maybe it could be locked from the outiside.. but the next evening we asked a worker who was working to half past six the night before and she said no one was working that night............My workmate had to take time off and I was terrified in the place so phoned my daughter to come and help me.... she rushed over and right away without me saying a word she said...Mum this place has a horrible feeling... I locked up and posted the keys through the door saying I wouldnt be back... I saw nothing.. but felt as if I was being watched in there all the time..... The house was actually close to where Madeleine Smith lived in Blythswood square another place said to be haunted.... and looked exactly the same as this one.. https://www.scotsman.com/property/ha...sold-millions/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal