Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 06:29 PM

2,188 posts, read 8,023,738 times

Advertisements

I could be here all day and night with things that have happened over the course of my life starting at age 3 with my invisible friend Kelly.......but ill just share this last thing.

Two nights ago hubby and I went to bed. We turned off the bed side lights only to discover one of us has left the bathroom light on. We both laid there waiting for the other to volunteer to get up and turn it off. Finally I got up and started walking towards the bathroom saying "I'll turn off.' Before I even made it to the foot of our bed the light turned off. I turned around and promptly got back into bed! Hubby who doesn't believe in this stuff AT ALL says " the switch must have been half way". which isn't possible with the type of light switches we have. This sort of thing happens all the time with lights. Gives me such heeby jeebies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:21 PM

102 posts, read 102,019 times
I've seen several ghosts. None of them ever threatened me. Some of them have even seemed soothing and comforting. The most creepy and real one though was quite bizarre. It was the second ghost I've seen.

I was in my house; it was two or three days after we'd gotten back from a trip to visit family in California. I had been in bed, reading, for several hours. I put down my book, and went downstairs to grab a snack. It was probably about 1:15-1:20 am at that time. I had some toast, then went upstairs with the intention to go to sleep. I settled into bed and lay down on my right side, facing away from the door.

I had been waiting to fall asleep for all of five minutes when I suddenly heard a soft sound. It sounded like somebody gently coughing to get someone's attention. I rolled over to see what it was. I'll never forget what I saw with freakish clarity...

There was a young guy, probably about 5'9, with light brown hair and a goatee. He had these big, sad-looking puppy eyes; I will seriously never forget those. He looked so depressed and mournful. It was weird though. I knew what I was seeing was real. It was a clear image. But he looked very faint and fuzzy. I don't know how to describe it. It was as if someone had taken a picture of a guy, went on Photoshop, upped the transparency, and added some sort of fuzzy edges to it.

I would estimate the ghost was there for 3 seconds before fading away.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:04 PM

569 posts, read 682,157 times
Yep. My friend's apparition also had that very very real, yet.. very very slightly faint and fuzzy appearance. Tell me, did the ghost you saw have a certain look in their eyes? Like a far-off stare? Even while he was looking at you? Mine did. It's sort of hard to explain.

Last edited by glenninindy; 05-25-2017 at 10:14 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 10:34 PM

4,491 posts, read 5,001,905 times
In my early 20's came home to take a nap. My apt. Had no air so it was no big thing to leave the windows open.
I fell asleep mid afternoon and started dreaming.
Dreamt i was lost in a thick corn field and someone was chasing me. In my dream I could hear heavy breathing behind me. I was in a panic to reach an opening in the field. I felt like I had eyes watching me run through the fie ld.
All of a sudden my phone rang, woke me up it was my next door neighbor. He yelled get out there's this man looking through your window !! Don't you see him. In your bedroom. I turned around and the sob WAS looking straight at me!!!
He was watching me as I slept!!!!
I lived near a homeless shelter and funeral home.
We had many strange people walking our block .

Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 PM

102 posts, read 102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Yep. My friend's apparition also had that very very real, yet.. very very slightly faint and fuzzy appearance. Tell me, did the ghost you saw have a certain look in their eyes? Like a far-off stare? Even while he was looking at you? Mine did. It's sort of hard to explain.
Yes! He looked very sad but, while looking right at me, seemed distant.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 PM

569 posts, read 682,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringrainN View Post
Yes! He looked very sad but, while looking right at me, seemed distant.
Exactly.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 AM

240 posts, read 255,050 times
This isn't really creepy, but it was kind of disturbing and maybe the closest I've come to getting mugged.

A few months ago, I was walking down SE 12th Avenue in Portland, Oregon, with my iPhone out to occasionally glance at Google Maps. A guy walked by, carrying a dead squirrel, and I asked him about it out of curiosity. Suddenly, he demanded that I hand over my phone, and then I realized he probably thought I recorded him holding the squirrel (I'm not sure if killing a squirrel would be considered poaching, though I don't think so.) We stood off for about two minutes, insisting I was just curious and didn't take any photos, until he either gave up or believed me and then he walked across the street into the Jolly Roger sports bar, dead squirrel in hand.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:40 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,941,450 times
I've only had one in my entire life so far and this one has stuck with me throughout the years (especially the first few years after relating the event to others, my heart would start pounding and I'd get very disturbed again thinking about that time. This happened about 20 some years ago). My routine in junior high school was to get up early in the am, wake up my father and lie down on the couch in the living room to wait until he got ready to leave so we can deliver my paper route. The house had a lower level and an upper level; the upper level contained bedrooms on one end of the house and living-room, kitchen etc. on the other end. A hallway connected the two areas and a bathroom was toward the end where the living-room area was.

That morning started typically; I woke up my father and went to lie down on the couch. Some minutes went by, and I heard drawers in the bathroom opening the contents within being moved about as though someone were looking for something in them and then closing. This process repeated for a few minutes and by that time I was really terrified. There didn't seem to be any explanation for the sounds--as to that there probably wasn't anyone in my household who would be doing that in the dark. I was wide awake and saying to myself, I know I should just get up and see what's going on because no one is going to believe me if I don't. But I was just way too terrified to.

So in time I hear my father wake up (at the time he had a smoker's cough) and the noises stop. He walks down the hallway (the house being very quiet at that time you could hear any sort of movement--hallway creeks so you couldn't miss someone walking down it even very quietly; and there wasn't anything other than those noises from the bathroom), then flips on the light in the bathroom (it's one of those switches that makes a fairly decent sound when it's flipped on) so I know for sure now that whatever was in there was in the dark (in case for some reason I'd missed them going in there before I started hearing the sounds).

Never heard the sounds again and never anything like it. My former long-time partner says it was a waking-dream; I tend to not agree with that since it would have been no different than an auditory hallucination. I've never had any other experiences of the sort so I would eliminate that as a possibility; perhaps if there were other factors to indicate symptoms of a mental illness I would consider it, but there wasn't. So, I don't know. But it was something, that's about all I can say about it.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:24 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,581,940 times
This happened when we lived way out in the country up a single lane gravel chip sealed road. I was at home in the late afternoon, sitting in a den off the back porch. All the windows were open on a summer's day. Just beyond the back porch, about ten feet, sat the 2 car garage with a side door opening toward the back porch.
My partner worked in the city and was due home around 6pm from a 50 mile commute. Sound traveled on that isolated gravel road and you could hear someone coming up the road five minutes before they parked alongside the house.
So I'm sitting there around 6 pm. I am watching TV so I am in the den facing away from the window off the porch. I hear the car come up the drive. I hear the electric garage door go up. I hear the car motor inside the garage. I hear the door go down. I hear the side door open and close. I hear the clomp of footsteps on the porch. I wait to hear the back screen door open.
Nothing. I get up and look out. Nothing. No car in the garage. Nothing.
So I sit out on the porch wondering if I am losing my mind. A few minutes go by and my partner's car pulls up the gravel drive.
Can't explain any of it. It really creeped me out though.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 AM

7,102 posts, read 6,013,058 times
The creepiest thing that ever happened to me was with a Ouija board. I know that young impressionable minds can be probably "see" things that aren't there. But my cousins and I were playing with a Ouija board one night and some weird things began to happen. We were supposedly talking to a young man named Sam when the room got real static filled, the phone rang, and three people saw a face appear in the window, my cousin screams were so terrifying, I still get goosebumps today thinking about it. The face we saw shouldn't have been there, my cousin's room being on the 2nd story of the home. The face was terrifying, like a distorted male demon figure. I never touched a Ouija after that evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal