Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:07 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,445,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I worked with a skinny admin who looked 10 months pregnant to me (ie really big) when I looked at her from my peripheral vision just for a moment. The feeling was so strong that I turned to look at her full on only to see her normal skinny figure but I had to ask if she was pregnant which I'm smart enough never to ask women in case you make them feel fat, but she answered that she was and how did I know.

Whoa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:45 PM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
THIS I have had happen to me as well. Three times.

Oddest thing...The first time, a voice in my head, but not MY voice warned me to not marry my first husband. I would say CLAMORED, BEGGED, CAJOLED for me to not marry my first husband. I chose to ignore it. Oh well.

The second time, the same voice told me my husband was cheating on me.

The third time, the same voice calmly told me I should trust, and take a chance on my then boyfriend, who became my second husband. THAT'S a decision I don't regret at all.
That's interesting.

Reminded me of a story I read somewhere else. A woman was at her computer and suddenly had the strong sense that her boyfriend was standing behind her looking over her shoulder. He was very controlling and paranoid. She later found out that he had installed software on her computer so that he could monitor what she viewed.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,332,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I worked with a skinny admin who looked 10 months pregnant to me (ie really big) when I looked at her from my peripheral vision just for a moment. The feeling was so strong that I turned to look at her full on only to see her normal skinny figure but I had to ask if she was pregnant which I'm smart enough never to ask women in case you make them feel fat, but she answered that she was and how did I know.
Something similar happened to me too. My son's friend was standing at the top of our stairs and as I walked by her and saw her out of the corner of my eye she looked like she was 6 mos. pregnant, but when I looked again she looked thin and her normal self. I was so shocked I just blurted out 'are you pregnant?" and she got all flustered and said she might be and that her period was late. She had a baby 8 mos. later. She wanted to know if she looked fat too, but i assured her she didn't. She couldn't understand how I knew.. but I don't even know how I knew.

The only mysterious comment that I got from a stranger was when I went into the pharmacy and there was an older gentleman there claiming to be a psychic standing online. Everyone was clamoring for his attention and when he got to me he said 'your marriage is in trouble and won't last'.. That was 25 years ago and my husband and I are still married and haven't had any major marriage issues where we'd even consider divorce.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:49 AM

827 posts, read 635,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Today I was checking out at a store and had my daughter with me. The man , who was in his twenties, said to my daughter "you're 18 aren't you?" She answered yes, then he said "your birthday is August 15th." Yes her birthday is the date he gave. It was creepy. There was no way for him to know that!

Is there any explanation for these things?

Yeap, he stalk her on facebook. They are around the same age, from the same city. They probably have relative in common. He saw her profil find her cute and stalk.
By hasard he saw her at the store and want to make a big first impression for fun or other...

Old 08-10-2017, 09:39 AM

818 posts, read 458,660 times
Thank God l don't get anything creepy like some of the stuff in here but l do get some stranger assuming and saying the stupidest things sometimes , as if they think they know me.
Drives you a bit nuts.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:03 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,684,481 times
Great stuff in this thread.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:14 PM

11,522 posts, read 14,701,929 times
Messages from the Universe, God, or whatever else you can call it. Try asking for a solution to a problem. Ask that someone, a stranger, helps you w/ the solution by telling you something. This is weird, but can work!

I was having a baffling problem and one of the residents where I work just said, out of the blue, things will work out and something else after that. I had never shared w/ her anything about anything personal, which I never do. I have that happen once in a while. God's talking to you is how I look at it.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:53 PM

Sounds like from just being around you at work she picked up an undertone in you, sadness or something heavy on your mind.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:50 AM

l'm going to try that and put a question out there, there is something and it's not trivial .

Old 08-14-2017, 06:26 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,163,704 times
A few years ago I was visiting a friend who was about five hours from me. That morning driving there for some reason as I drove along I would from time to time note to myself hat "so far I had made it" and had this need to keep marking off points along the way where I could see that I had made it okay. Once I got there after a couple hours I felt vaguely uneasy. Someone else there said something to me like "it will be okay"? Strangely I just wondered but didn't ask why they said that but felt uneasy that I might be in an accident. Around lunchtime I almost told my friend that I felt I better go early, but couldn't think of a reason other than I had a bad feeling. So I stayed all the whole feeling uneasy, like I should start the drive back early. When I did finally leave and drive back, after a couple hours driving I felt this urgency to detour a different route, but I ignored my intuition because I didn't want to take an unfamiliar route back. As I was driving I saw smoke ahead but it looked far off and I continued on cautiously. However within no time at all I found I had driven into the midst of a dust storm and it was the type of thing all of a sudden you were just in it. Very little visibility caused drivers to slow to a crawl, I heard a crash up another lane from me it sounded like. It was terrifying and I just slowed to a bare crawl when a large SUV that was going around 40 mph hit me from behind, totalling my car knocking my head so hard against the mirror it broke off, my neck thrown forward then back, just downright scary as hell and I was alone. Wish I would've followed my intuition to leave earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal