Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 07:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times

Advertisements

I just laugh at the naysayers that try to ride a guy down and glad to help a person that wants info. Anyone that has had an encounter and wants to talk privately can send me a message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 08:45 AM

1,386 posts, read 998,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Effects of too much alcohol/drugs...
Nope. That doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
1. Bears standing up.
2. People-hermits and the like
3. Intentional hoaxes...people in ape suits and the like
That doesn't cut it either. Of the thousands of Bigfoot sightings, I've seen compelling interviews with believable, rational, responsible people who saw things they can't explain. Stories that eerily similar. Yes, there have been bigfoot hoaxes, but I think they were primarily people who left fake tracks.

People are seeing something. Things that can't be explained away as upright bears or "people-hermits." It's just frustrating that we aren't any closer to figuring out what these people are seeing.

--

Old 03-16-2020, 09:08 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of compelling interviews, where I honestly believe the person being interviewed honestly believes what they encountered. That doesn't mean what they encountered was actually what they believe they encountered.
Mistaken identity. Wild imagination. Victim of a hoax. Or maybe a really, really good BS artist.

Old 03-16-2020, 09:53 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of compelling interviews, where I honestly believe the person being interviewed honestly believes what they encountered. That doesn't mean what they encountered was actually what they believe they encountered.
Mistaken identity. Wild imagination. Victim of a hoax. Or maybe a really, really good BS artist.
OK, how about people that have experience in the fields of biology, animals, nature, etc, PLENTY of sightings from people like that and they make it very clear, they knew it was NOT a bear.

As Ive mentioned before, people dressing up in suits is certainly possible in some cases, but often times, the sightings or encounters happen deep within the forest, far from anyone or anything...(if someone was going to dress up like a bigfoot, and go to the middle of nowhere, they have no idea if anyone will even come along for them to scare...that wouldnt make any logical sense for anyone to do that.

Another thing about someone doing that...they would almost have to have a death wish to do that, considering people that are going to scare will probably be armed, and its VERY likely they would shoot at a bigfoot, before they realized it was a guy in a suit.

Im also not sure why anyone would fabricate a sighting just simply to be doing it, (it would be understandable if they were publishing a bigfoot book, or they had something to gain from an encounter), but for many witnesses, they know speaking up will only bring ridicule upon themselves and for some, may jeopardize their career.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:58 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Attention whores. Some people will say or do anything for attention. You see some of these people and it's blatently obvious they have some loose screws. Others seem very genuine, intelligent, and level headed. But, how many "educated" or book smart people do we know that when it comes to common sense and reality are about as dumb as a box of rocks.

I've spent a large portion of my life running around in the woods, and I've seen and heard things that at first make you do a double take or stop and listen and go wtf is that until you step back for a second and realize it's explainable. Some people just don't have that. People like city slickers that everything they see or hear is the boogeyman. There are a lot of scared and skiddish sheep out there.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:24 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,659,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you have a link or picture of the image from that show?

So you haven't even watched the show you're criticizing? Sheesh. It's at the very end of the final show. You can probably stream it from the Travel Channel or see when they're re-airing it.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Attention whores. Some people will say or do anything for attention. You see some of these people and it's blatently obvious they have some loose screws. Others seem very genuine, intelligent, and level headed. But, how many "educated" or book smart people do we know that when it comes to common sense and reality are about as dumb as a box of rocks.

I've spent a large portion of my life running around in the woods, and I've seen and heard things that at first make you do a double take or stop and listen and go wtf is that until you step back for a second and realize it's explainable. Some people just don't have that. People like city slickers that everything they see or hear is the boogeyman. There are a lot of scared and skiddish sheep out there.
yes, but for attention that causes negative consequences? Not many people willing to do that and put their careers on the line.

In reality, a large majority of the Dogman sightings Ive read come from people who live in rural areas, people that are used to being out in the woods, hunting, hiking, camping, loggers, game wardens, and so on...these people have spent a lot of time in the forests and deep rural areas.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:49 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Nope. That doesn't cut it.

That doesn't cut it either. Of the thousands of Bigfoot sightings, I've seen compelling interviews with believable, rational, responsible people who saw things they can't explain. Stories that eerily similar. Yes, there have been bigfoot hoaxes, but I think they were primarily people who left fake tracks.

People are seeing something. Things that can't be explained away as upright bears or "people-hermits." It's just frustrating that we aren't any closer to figuring out what these people are seeing.

--
Indeed, they are seeing something:

1. Bears standing up.

I am not going to argue the point any further, but yes, it does cut it, much more greatly than people are seeing ten-foot tall upright gorillas that cannot be photographed, do not leave fossils, and have no know antecedents on the continent.

THAT is what does not cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL, that is hilarious!

How many bears standing up on two legs have you seen, that it looks like it could be mistaken for arms hanging down to its knees? or massive shoulders? or a big bushy tail? or a slender waist? HA HA.I would also like to hear someone explain how a bear standing on two legs can run at speeds of 40mph or more.

As far as people dressing up in monkey suits, yes, thats possible in certain situations, but going out to the middle of nowhere, (where hunters armed with rifles are out), trying to 'scare' people....would be a pretty stupid thing to do!!

Finally, relating to all 3 things you mentioned...where are the CLEAR pictures of bears standing on two legs, hermits or people who live in the woods, people in ape suits....there should be LOTS and LOTS of CLEAR pictures and video of all 3, if these are indeed the things people are seeing.
There is an almost astonishing irony to this post.

If there is a breeding population of ten foot tall, upright gorillas, where are the CLEAR pictures of these? There should be LOTS and LOTS of bi-pedal gorilla pictures.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:37 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches
Indeed, they are seeing something:

1. Bears standing up.

I am not going to argue the point any further, but yes, it does cut it, much more greatly than people are seeing ten-foot tall upright gorillas that cannot be photographed, do not leave fossils, and have no know antecedents on the continent.
So firstly I will address fossils.
There are very few fossils found in areas which have been forest. This is because you need very specific conditions for a fossil to form. In order for the fossil to form inside the rock(as we find them) you need the animal to die in place where they do not get eaten and where they are covered up very quickly by the dirt(which will form the rock later). Most stuff dying in the forest gets eaten by other animals and the bones spread out over a large area.

Bears standing up.
Bears do stand up, but not unless they want to get something at a higher level, and it is extremely unusual that a bear would walk on two legs for a distance or through brush.

People.
There may be people, however, it really would be fairly obvious the difference in size, the proportions, the shape of the head, shape of face, way of movement, etc.

A man/woman running away just does not look the same and humans would run from a threat(feral humans see other humans as a threat too). Bigfoot does not run the same way as humans run but moves quickly through the brush away from the threat.

Anticedents:
There are no native apes in N America, yet there have been cave paintings of all kinds of animals found which are no longer around. Explain that please?
Although this is not directly relevant, it does show that there may have been a period when other animals were roaming the plains and existed, so why shouldn't Bigfoot have survived? (Well, obviously he has)

Breeding populations:
No-one knows how many are needed for breeding of Bigfoot. Could be 50 pairs? there could easily be 100 Bigfoot around N America and their (mating?) calls and wood knocks go for miles and miles. Look at the maps where sightings have been reported and count how many of these things are supposed to be out there.

Then of course, there are other things like Dogman which is something different again.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:32 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Just watched the last episode again.

Not poisonous gas but it was a cinnabar mine. Yes it is very toxic to humans but they do not know if this particular mine is a cinnabar mine, they just looked it up on the internet that the area has cinnabar mines.

Also, the drone they sent in was nudged or hit at least twice in the cave and they did find hairs (tested to be human hairs) on the drone fans when it came out. So, I think since this cave is probably very toxic to humans, there probably are not humans in there - but we dont know... DNA testing has only been around for 10 years or so and is not yet matured enough to be 100% reliable.

They did not get any eDNA from the paths leading into the caves either. No hairs, no evidence from those areas. Surely there would have been something to analyse.

The Blue marble was found near the mine, 3 miles away from the clearing where they had 'gifted' the apple and that same blue marble. And...the cameraman found it ( maybe 30 yards) away from the campsite just lying on the ground. How come?
No check for DNA on the marble, nothing like that, they just pick it up and contaminate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal