Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 12:40 PM

9 posts, read 4,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
^^^^

This!!!!

I'm somewhat clairvoyant- recently departed loved ones usually appear in dreams.

Do a dream journal and write about what you want to hear from your departed loved one. They usually come through that way immediately.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
My father has never been to my house,but months after he past away in another country,he came looking for food and lodging.
For some reason,he will come thru my backyard and use the back entrance
My neighbor dog will bark like crazy facing the backyard of my house.
I saw him one morning , he stood in front of my dining table,it is empty so he walked out,half an hour later he came back and I received a message 'I have nothing to eat.'
I will set a table with food and drink,and he took over my den as his ,he continued with his daily custom of going t o the club in day time(his daytime is our night time as it is in a different country)and rest at night (which is our day time,during the day when I walk by the den,I can sense there is something inside?)
The ancient Egyptian believed there is a Ba and a Ka,which some interprets as upper and lower self ,ka is the ghost and needs to eat and rest.
Ba eventually finds the Ka and together they ascend to heaven and become a star.
Whether you believe it or not,the ancient Egyptian also set up a room with bed and table,and they will occasionally refresh the food placed on the table.
My mother came later,she went to my neighbor house and the dog barked for a long time.
Animals can see spirits.
Your brother's KA could still be in his bedroom,eating and drinking and doing his daily routine.
Thank you.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
I guess I am the Debbie Downer - but I vote "confirmation bias". You heard it because that's what you wanted to hear.
Thank you.

Old 06-11-2023, 03:38 AM

903 posts, read 695,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Speaking as a professional medium, yes it was definitely a sign from your brother, and it was such a sweet, loving thing for him to give you back your special signal! A lot of people don't know this, but for the average person who just crossed over, it takes a ton of focus, hard work and energy to manifest any type of sign that we dullards here on this plane can hear, see, or feel, let alone three audible knocks. If you haven't done so already, you might tell him out loud how much you appreciated his greeting.

And one other good thing: now you know which people in your life you can share these special moments with, and which ones will just try to persuade or bully you into thinking that magical moments like these aren't real. I know from personal and professional experience that they are as real as anything else in this world. You can take comfort in the knowledge that he has crossed over, he is happy and well on the other side, and you will see him again.

Yes, it is your brother. And I agree that people will try to talk you out of what you have clearly heard and seen with your own eyes. In my case, the day after dad died the house was full of the smell of mince pie cooking, his favorite, which only his mother used to cook for him--it was so strong I thought my husband was cooking but the oven was cold. I called to him and he smelled it too. We both also could smell Dad's tobacco in our living room where we think he hung out and read, since it was the quietest place in the house and had a nice view.

But when I told people, they would look at me with this little smile and it was clear they did not believe me. And that was so cool that my husband was right there and had experienced too. I actually thought I was going crazy, it was so intense. I was a bit frightened, it was so outside of how I thought the universe operated. We kind of got used to him in the living room, it happened every day.

He has not been doing that since my brother scattered his ashes. But he does do other things, send us other signs.

Old 06-11-2023, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebesmom View Post
Yes, it is your brother. And I agree that people will try to talk you out of what you have clearly heard and seen with your own eyes. In my case, the day after dad died the house was full of the smell of mince pie cooking, his favorite, which only his mother used to cook for him--it was so strong I thought my husband was cooking but the oven was cold. I called to him and he smelled it too. We both also could smell Dad's tobacco in our living room where we think he hung out and read, since it was the quietest place in the house and had a nice view.

But when I told people, they would look at me with this little smile and it was clear they did not believe me. And that was so cool that my husband was right there and had experienced too. I actually thought I was going crazy, it was so intense. I was a bit frightened, it was so outside of how I thought the universe operated. We kind of got used to him in the living room, it happened every day.

He has not been doing that since my brother scattered his ashes. But he does do other things, send us other signs.
Thank you very much.

You have been blessed to know that your dad is still with you.

Old 06-16-2023, 08:17 AM

20,991 posts, read 28,529,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering Mind 123 View Post
I have been devastated by my brother's recent passing away. I have been asking him to send me a sign.

A few weeks ago, while I was walking for exercise outside our house, I knocked 3 times on the window of his bedroom, as I used to do when he was alive to let him know I was outside in case he needed my help.

This time, however, I knocked 3 times just in remembrance of happier days. I was stunned when I heard 3 faint but distinct raps in reply on the window.

Some people tell me it was definitely a sign from my brother. Some people tell me I had an auditory hallucination. Others think there is a scientific explanation.

Does anyone have an opinion to share?

Thank you.
It's a sign from your brother for sure. A few days before my dad passed away from Cancer we had a bunch of friends over my the house for dinner. it was noisy then all of a sudden I heard 3 knocks on front door. No one was there. I was looking out my kitchen window when I heard this. 3 days later I got the call he died.

Old 06-17-2023, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
It's a sign from your brother for sure. A few days before my dad passed away from Cancer we had a bunch of friends over my the house for dinner. it was noisy then all of a sudden I heard 3 knocks on front door. No one was there. I was looking out my kitchen window when I heard this. 3 days later I got the call he died.
Thank you VERY much.

I have been wondering whether those taps I heard were just echoes of my knocks.

But most members feel that they were a sign from my brother.

I sure hope so.

It would help me to heal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal