Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 01:06 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You would be surprised. I had enough water, canned foods for me, the late hubs and the cats for five days. Plus by the way a handheld can opener which apparently is something that people forget frequently. Flashlights and batteries. I asked my neighbors about their prep… they looked at me like I’m the one that was crazy. I stocked up on more water — I wasn’t going to buy more food.
Most of the people I knew — and I owned a business and I talked to people about all sorts of things, were not prepared. Most of them didn’t own a flashlight.
Crazy or not is not the issue but the degree of damage is the issue. Any large or Big One quake is going to have a huge impact on the area, not only because emergency services will not be able to get to people quickly but also because of the collateral damage aspect. When FEMA is telling you what to do, it probably is not telling you that there is little chance you will have enough food and water. 5 days supplies is laughable unless the quake is a small and localized one.

Most of the nuclear power stations store used fuel rods, and are beside rivers for cooling water. Any large earthquake will turn the local environment upside down and inside out. This means that fuel storage casks will probably go floating down the river the river may alter its course and power plants will melt down just like the four did at Fukushima. Chemical factories will explode and fires will break out pouring toxic fumes into the air. The roads will be full of people heading off to the hills because they think they can live off the land. Has anyone seen the program Alone? They often dont make a week on their own and most of them are pretty good at off-grid living.

The financial economy will suffer huge effects and banks will probably shut their doors for months to people withdrawing their money. Now, if people cannot get their money, you can imagine the mayhem which will ensue with people resorting to using their guns to get what they want.

You may think I have pained a grim picture, but if you are realistic and really think about what damage was done in Japan - and that quake was out to sea. In the US and on the West coast, there are many faults which could all go like dominos because one quake often triggers another.. I hope I am wrong, but I think the folks who are not preparing for the Big One will probably be better off dead than the aftermath of a toxic air soup and Mad Max environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 09:09 AM

694 posts, read 284,446 times
This is mixing up scientific fact with legend. It's been scientifically proven that some animals are sensitive to changes in air and water pressure or infrasonic sounds. Birds will hunker down before a big storm, and so on. That's in their biology. But some have extended that reality further to the extent of giving animals some sort of sixth sense superpower.

I have no idea of the Charlotte King effect but let's be careful about extending natural senses and evolved behavior to supernatural senses. As for earthquakes, the USGS conducted research on this issue and found nothing connecting earthquakes to changes in animal behavior. As mentioned, infrasonic sounds may impact the behavior but it will be at about the same time or a moment before the tremors hit, which would have any animal including humans acting in distress.

Old 04-04-2024, 04:40 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
This is mixing up scientific fact with legend. It's been scientifically proven that some animals are sensitive to changes in air and water pressure or infrasonic sounds. Birds will hunker down before a big storm, and so on. That's in their biology. But some have extended that reality further to the extent of giving animals some sort of sixth sense superpower.

I have no idea of the Charlotte King effect but let's be careful about extending natural senses and evolved behavior to supernatural senses. As for earthquakes, the USGS conducted research on this issue and found nothing connecting earthquakes to changes in animal behavior. As mentioned, infrasonic sounds may impact the behavior but it will be at about the same time or a moment before the tremors hit, which would have any animal including humans acting in distress.
I have cats. I lived in the earthquake zone. About a quarter of a mile away from the Hayward fault. Not anymore, thank heavens.

One night I was having a very difficult time sleeping, and my cats were on the pillow sort of above my head to the right. It was a brother sister pair Dagwood and Shay, and they were grooming each other. At one point they stopped and slowly turned to look at me and I had just enough time to think that’s creepy… When we had an earthquake. Not a big earthquake . Kind of think it was like a three point one or something then they turn back to each other and started grooming each other again. So yes they do feel it before we do, but not by much.

Here’s the thing, they learn about earthquakes when a big one happens, but they still don’t know a lot. I can remember thinking that since we live so close to the Hayward fault it was going to happen and we were just gonna die. And then I started reading about creep. The Hayward fault creeps. There’s a part of I think it’s in Berkeley that was built in the 20s. And the sidewalk has been broken apart and you can actually see where the original sidewalk is there’s like over 90 some years at this point 100, the Hayward fault has moved six or 7 feet and there has not been a major earthquake since the 1800s. 1891? I’m not gonna look it up I don’t live there anymore I don’t really care

Which made me wonder if the fact that it is creeping reduces the tension which means it’s far less chance that it will have a big quake. So I started researching this and there is a thought along the line. As far as fault lines go the Hayward fault is small. It’s not like the San Andreas which is pretty much the whole coastline in California.

I also get USGS reports of all the quakes on that coastline whatever they defined the geographic area is so they might be having something in Nevada and it’ll show up on those reports. I get a report at least three or four times a week. And they don’t report anything lower than 2.5. The area is seismically active. Los Angeles seems worse San Francisco Bay Area to threes frequently. Los Angeles fours and fives. Don’t know why.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:55 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
My cat would yowl before a quake. I learned not to act panicky because he looked to me, Mom, to ask if he should be scared or not. A couple of times he paced anxiously back and forth right before a quake. So I learned from him, too.

Funny how psychics and astrologers predict more quakes than scientists who just say 'in the next fifty years there will be a quake on this fault.'

I wonder when the New Madrid fault will blow. Weird things happening this year and I wonder if the eclipse and comet will trigger things.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:38 AM

Charlotte is too sensitive, which muddies the waters a bit. I follow Joseph Tittel for most predictions, not just quake, but he got another one right today with the NY/NJ quake. Said there would be quakes in unexpected places. So prepare for a wild ride, folks, with scarier things to come. And subscribe to his youtube channel so you are prepared. I will try to post on the Events to Come thread where I posted some of his other videos.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Funny how psychics and astrologers predict more quakes than scientists who just say 'in the next fifty years there will be a quake on this fault.'
True, USGS nor any scientist cannot predict quakes beyond the probability that one might occur in a given time period, but I am interested to see your data on this prediction success rate from psychics and astrologers. No "there will be an earthquake somewhere in the US in 2024" type predictions. Those type of predictions are too generalized to be of any use and, since small and mild tremors occur regularly several hundred times a day somewhere in the world, are simply used by scammers to say "look I predicted an earthquake". You also have to estimate how many times they are wrong.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
True, USGS nor any scientist cannot predict quakes beyond the probability that one might occur in a given time period, but I am interested to see your data on this prediction success rate from psychics and astrologers. No "there will be an earthquake somewhere in the US in 2024" type predictions. Those type of predictions are too generalized to be of any use and, since small and mild tremors occur regularly several hundred times a day somewhere in the world, are simply used by scammers to say "look I predicted an earthquake". You also have to estimate how many times they are wrong.
Subscribe to Joseph Tittel's channel and find out. When he gets a 'hit' people will comment under the video. He's been getting a lot of hits lately. Things are accelerating.

The thread 'Be prepared for events to come' has some of his videos but I haven't posted all of them because anyone can find them on his youtube channel.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Subscribe to Joseph Tittel's channel and find out. When he gets a 'hit' people will comment under the video. He's been getting a lot of hits lately. Things are accelerating.

The thread 'Be prepared for events to come' has some of his videos but I haven't posted all of them because anyone can find them on his youtube channel.
Doesn't really address my questions, but OK...
I see he popped up on some thread from a couple years ago, wasn't too impressed. A prediction that "famous actor in his 90s will die this year", stuff like that. Yeah, not impressed. Nothing about earthquakes that I saw, which is the topic of this thread.

Old 04-05-2024, 08:39 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Some people believe that the Earth is just a much larger sentient being than humans but with a longer life over a longer timespan. That would mean all of the earthquakes are similar to our aches and pains as we get older.

Some things like earthquakes are not predictable by science and yet there are indications, trends, and some areas which are more active than others. I dont think that any of us can predict future events because I believe it depends on the choices we individually and societally make, as to how things pan out. Even then it is a matter of probabilities.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:49 PM

Link below is where you can find the Joseph Tittel predictions thread. He put out a short unexpected video tonight where he did map scrying. Scrying is map gazing and being drawn to certain areas to predict geological and meteorological events. It's going to be a very busy year!

As I said in my latest post of this video below, Joseph has visions and those take longer to manifest. When Spirit tells him something it usually happens quicker, often within days. But generally, psychics are bad at timing since there is no Time in the spirit world. You need astrologers who can often pinpoint events while they can't always predict them. Spirits often communicate using symbols which have to be interpreted.

Leave this thread for Charlotte King and post comments on Joseph Tittel's prediction videos on the thread below instead.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unex...l#post66614459
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal