Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2021, 08:55 AM

76 posts, read 99,693 times

Advertisements

I think guys, the main difference is demographics. In the community I'm staying in it is targeted towards older folks and families hence they have a lot of rules from noise rules to very strict guests rules.

I'm looking for a place where I can be around people closer to my age, For instance, when I was at a Youth Hostel. I felt I was the demographic. Not only are there people to socialize but there's also events that they organize in the hostel, there's a bar you can go to, there's also transportation where they can take you to the nightclubs.

I remember, someone mentioned that in Brooklyn they have pool parties a the rooftop and if you are a resident you can get free access. I'm looking for places where being a resident has those types of unique perks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 06:59 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,021,860 times
Haven't you asked this before in a couple other threads?

Any city in mind?!

In general, I'd say pick a gentrified/hip neighborhood in any city and look for a new or newly-renovated building for starters.

Then tour it if there are vacancies.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:41 PM

34 posts, read 27,144 times
I could only speak to what's around in Toronto, where there are some neighbourhoods like this. City place toronto is basically an under 30 neighbourhood in the downtown core where there are rooftop pool parties and a dorm-like envornment. I know people who come to the city for the summer and airbnb it in some of those condos just to work and live it up, but i'd say airbnb is dried up until after covid. Can check some of the building's here.

I know other cities have done the new manifactured neighbourhoods with lots of new condos; that's probably where you'd find these types of areas in any city. Can also check building amneities for a rooftop pool which should draw younger crowds anyway.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:04 PM

9,117 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRanger View Post
I think guys, the main difference is demographics. In the community I'm staying in it is targeted towards older folks and families hence they have a lot of rules from noise rules to very strict guests rules.

I'm looking for a place where I can be around people closer to my age, For instance, when I was at a Youth Hostel. I felt I was the demographic. Not only are there people to socialize but there's also events that they organize in the hostel, there's a bar you can go to, there's also transportation where they can take you to the nightclubs.

I remember, someone mentioned that in Brooklyn they have pool parties a the rooftop and if you are a resident you can get free access. I'm looking for places where being a resident has those types of unique perks.

So, it sounds like you're looking for an under 25 residence. Essentially a dorm with a bar and access to nightclubs.

"I'm looking to have bachelor pad with very few guest restrictions."
"My whole point of buying is that I want to have my friends come hang out with me to party.etc."

Parties, bars, no rules, unlimited long-term "guests". Keep looking guy - we already know you can't tolerate rules in the condos you are considering for purchase. Silly rules - why would anyone care about how many people come and go from my condo? I'm sure we don't make any noise at 2 in the morning. Burp!

In any event, I hope that many of these activities and bars/pools have been shut due to the pandemic. No large gatherings. People should wear masks.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:30 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,250,937 times
If comparing on atmosphere, as others have said young apartment complexes in hip neighborhoods.

If comparing on price, a single-room occupancy hotel.

I don't think there's any overlap between the two comparisons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning