Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:46 PM

121 posts, read 525,542 times

Advertisements

Hi, this is my first post since joining. I bought a house in Highland and plan to move the family there late next year. However, there is something I'm not sure of and that is, is it OK to seek an individual/contractor/builder on this forum to do a backyard deck for me? I will be in Highland next month for a week and was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that either does this kind of work, or knows someone that does. If this is not allowed, please forgive me and I'll look elsewhere. In the meantime, I've enjoyed all the posts which may help me when we do move. We are a family of four, myself, my wife and two adopted granddaughters ages 12 and 14. We are from San Jose, Ca. In 2005 we took a trip of the west and just fell in love with Utah.
btw, for what it's worth, we are non-LDS. The short time we've stayed in Highland has produced some wonderful surprises. The girls have already developed friends and several neighbors have come by. One even brought over some freshly baked bread.
Eddie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,744,828 times
Any can respond, but please use private messages. I think a better avenue would be to post an ad on craigslist.com.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM

good idea re: craigslist. Should have thought of that since that's how I found the Highland home.
Eddie

Old 05-28-2007, 11:23 PM

421 posts, read 1,745,419 times
No idea on the contractors, just wanted to say welcome to Highland! I live in nearby Cedar Hills. I hope you love it here!

Old 05-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Hi Chaz, thanks for the welcome. A co-worker lives in Cedar Hills. He visits his home when he has vacations, long week-ends or any chance he gets. We both work for VTA here in San Jose.
We will be there June 18th to 23rd to do some minor work on the house. Send me your ph # and I'll give you a call when we are there for the work. Just to meet the family and maybe a cup of tea, uh, water? lol
Eddie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah