Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2021, 12:49 PM

146 posts, read 174,294 times

Advertisements

Where we used to live (Baltimore and Denver), we had our water treated, either distilled it or used reverse osmosis. Anyone do that in the Vancouver area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 01:21 PM

5,452 posts, read 7,749,413 times
I don't bother. I had a reverse osmosis filter in Texas but don't bother here. Camas water is snow melt from reservoirs up in the mountains and seems to be good quality. Vancouver is on a different system but I think also good. You can read all about it and see their water quality reports here: https://www.cityofcamas.us/publicwor...water-services

Old 07-01-2021, 02:22 AM

8,216 posts, read 16,708,095 times
We've used some kind of filtration system in all our past homes and really prefer the taste to water right out of the tap. And we drinks lots of water. In Colorado and California we used reverse osmosis. Here, we went with a whole house filter combined with a smaller filter on the refrigerator for drinking water. I noticed a significance difference right away and we're in a new home. The last home in CA was older and the water tasted even worse straight out of the pipes. Our new home was 'almost' tolerable. But I'm also more picky than some and prefer to fine tune what I drink. Since we don't drink lots of other beverages (soda, juice, tea, wine, beer, etc...), water is a big deal.

Here's the one we picked up from Home Depot and hired a plumber to install it in the garage:
3 Stage Whole House Water Filtration System - Sediment, KDF, Carbon

One of the nice thing with a whole house filter is that it doesn't waste as much water as our reverse osmosis and of course its available throughout the house for all water uses (showers, appliances, etc...).

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 07-01-2021 at 02:34 AM..

Old 07-02-2021, 01:04 AM

5,452 posts, read 7,749,413 times
Come to think of it, I actually have filtered water on the refrigerator door. I'm not sure how great the filter is but it is a late model Samsung with cartridge filters. I can't taste any difference between the water dispensed by the fridge vs the tap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area