Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brentwood vs. Metrotown
Brentwood (either Amazing Brentwood Tower 2 or Solo District Phase 3) 3 100.00%
Metrotown (Station Square Tower 3) 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:35 PM

11 posts, read 73,007 times

Advertisements

I have enough for a downpayment and most likely qualify for a 25-year mortgage to invest for a condo unit of around $330k. I'm considering getting into the pre-sale condo either in Brentwood or Metrotown area. If I can make a sweet profit, then I might just end up flipping it. If not, I do not mind making it as a rental property for a long-term investment.

In Brentwood area, I'm considering getting in the pre-sale of Amazing Brentwood Tower II (Fall 2014) or Solo District Phase 3 (early 2015).

In Metrotown, I am considering the third tower of the Station Square. I graduated from SFU Beedie School of Business and naturally attracted to the Beedie Group brand.

If you guys were me which one would you rather invest? Which one would appreciate more and generate better returns, Brentwood or Metrotown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 09:07 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
I'm a real estate buff, and I've got to say Brentwood's got the most upside. To begin with, its got a better, more modern design as a town centre and when built out it's going to have a more pleasant layout IMO then Metrotown, if a bit smaller. Also, much of the value in both neighbourhoods comes from skytrain access. For Metrotown nothing's going to change there to increase values, but Brentwood will be along the under construction Evergreen line and the proposed Skytrain extension down Broadway, which will make it ever more accessible. These projects will help raise property values in the longterm. It's also closer to SFU, a good source of renters, and Brentwood overall is surrounded by more affluent people then Metrotown is. It's further North, and in Greater Vancouver money trends north towards the mountains and the Burrard inlet. There's also going to be some major development coming to the West of this neighbourhood, meaning it hasn't had a chance yet to really become as attractive as it's going to become, so I really think it's in for more a of a positive transformation then Metrotown is, despite so much positive change also coming to Metrotown. For me personally, I'd probably go with Solo over Brentwood Mall's tower right now, I think the floor plans are nicer and it just seems like a really well managed and executed project.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
the proposed Skytrain extension down Broadway, which will make it ever more accessible inlet
Is this for real?? Where did you hear about it? Do you have a link to source? That is the biggest gripe that I have about the Millenium Line, like I would have to switch train, especially when the Broadway station is full of druggies...

Old 06-30-2014, 12:03 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rMBA13 View Post
Is this for real?? Where did you hear about it? Do you have a link to source? That is the biggest gripe that I have about the Millenium Line, like I would have to switch train, especially when the Broadway station is full of druggies...
??? your comment makes no sense. ANYONE actually living in the metro Vancouver area would of heard about the broadway extension.
I suspect…once again a troll is out to bore us all.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
??? your comment makes no sense. ANYONE actually living in the metro Vancouver area would of heard about the broadway extension.
I suspect…once again a troll is out to bore us all.
Well I am sorry that I drive to get to everywhere. I havent taken the skytrain since I got a car 3 years ago.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:43 PM

How does Burnaby compare to Richmond and North Vancouver?

Old 04-06-2015, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 11,713 times
I'm now in the same consideration, I wonder if either the Amazing Brentwood or the SOLO will be a good investment as a pre-sale. I'm looking at mainly ~850 sqft two bedroom units or even two bedroom+ den. Which developer has better track record and construction quality?

Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt9000 View Post
I'm now in the same consideration, I wonder if either the Amazing Brentwood or the SOLO will be a good investment as a pre-sale. I'm looking at mainly ~850 sqft two bedroom units or even two bedroom+ den. Which developer has better track record and construction quality?
If all my time around skyscraperpage means anything, the general consensus there seemed to be that SOLO was the higher quality project with the better developer, but Amazing Brentwood wasn't terrible or anything. EDIT: As I see my old post from above mentioned.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt9000 View Post
If you really have to move in soon, get one at Solo District. Amazing Brentwood tower one won't complete until the end of 2017, while the 2nd tower will be completed in mid-2018.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:39 AM

2 posts, read 10,728 times
Any other opinions? I don't have to move in but would like an investment property. Tower 3 at the amazing bentwood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver