Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

FORMER Ventura County resident: John Lydon (Johnny Rotten), who lived in Oxnard a few years ago.

He's since returned to Venice (where he's a major landlord). I sense that his move to Oxnard may have been his wife's idea: given that she's considerably older than he is, and given that Venice has a great deal more hot young women than Oxnard, she may have been behind the move to keep him from straying. (His money comes from the rental properties he owns much more than it does from the Sex Pistols. He didn't even see any money from the Sex Pistols until 20 years after they broke up.)

A very different musical figure who was a former Ventura County resident: legendary jazz clarinetist, bandleader, and author Artie Shaw, who lived in Camarillo in the later years of his life, until his death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 12:43 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Oh my gosh! I wonder if Johnny Rotten is a slum lord or a decent landlord? I can't picture him dealing with tenant issues, LOL!

Old 08-31-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Oh my gosh! I wonder if Johnny Rotten is a slum lord or a decent landlord? I can't picture him dealing with tenant issues, LOL!
Presumably Lydon still owns property in Oxnard, that's why he was living there in the first place, although all of his apartment buildings that I know of are in Venice, and he's back there now. I read an interview with him recently in which he mentioned that Schwarzenegger was one of the construction workers who built the building in Venice which he currently lives in.

I do hold to the theory that his move to Ventura County had something to do with marital issues, as said above. His wife's almost 20 years older than he is, and Venice offers far more good looking young women than Oxnard does. Although, considering some of the other famous people mentioned in this thread, Ventura County isn't completely lacking in hot women.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Presumably Lydon still owns property in Oxnard, that's why he was living there in the first place, although all of his apartment buildings that I know of are in Venice, and he's back there now. I read an interview with him recently in which he mentioned that Schwarzenegger was one of the construction workers who built the building in Venice which he currently lives in.

I do hold to the theory that his move to Ventura County had something to do with marital issues, as said above. His wife's almost 20 years older than he is, and Venice offers far more good looking young women than Oxnard does. Although, considering some of the other famous people mentioned in this thread, Ventura County isn't completely lacking in hot women.
Plus, Venice Beach has a higher worldwide recognition factor. You don't see many commercials saying..."Come to Oxnard Beach for your next hot & wild vacation break."

Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Plus, Venice Beach has a higher worldwide recognition factor. You don't see many commercials saying..."Come to Oxnard Beach for your next hot & wild vacation break."
Perhaps there should be

Also, Venice has far more UK expats than anywhere in Ventura County and is closer to Santa Monica's pubs. No concentration of UK expats anywhere in Ventura County to my knowledge (from what you've said you're not actually a UK expat but first generation Southern Californian born of UK parents?) and not that many pubs. Ventura County could use more pubs.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:58 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Perhaps there should be

Also, Venice has far more UK expats than anywhere in Ventura County and is closer to Santa Monica's pubs. No concentration of UK expats anywhere in Ventura County to my knowledge (from what you've said you're not actually a UK expat but first generation Southern Californian born of UK parents?) and not that many pubs. Ventura County could use more pubs.
calendar - Crown and Anchor

Also, there's a UK store on Thousand Oaks Boulevard:

Hare & Hounds
2995 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362

Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Perhaps there should be

No, I'm All American first generation Southern Californian born, from All American parents who escaped Camden, New Jersey, LOL! My husband is a Brit expat He knows when I'm annoyed at him. I crank up Johnny Horton's "Battle of New Orleans."

Old 09-01-2010, 12:48 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,981 times
Quote:
Management company prolly deals with all that.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Management company prolly deals with all that.
Which is why so many apartment complexes go to hell. The owners can't be bothered, or when they can be bothered they are too "out of the loop" to make good decisions.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,981 times
Quote:
FORMER Ventura County resident: John Lydon (Johnny Rotten), who lived in Oxnard a few years ago.

He's since returned to Venice (where he's a major landlord). I sense that his move to Oxnard may have been his wife's idea: given that she's considerably older than he is, and given that Venice has a great deal more hot young women than Oxnard, she may have been behind the move to keep him from straying. (His money comes from the rental properties he owns much more than it does from the Sex Pistols. He didn't even see any money from the Sex Pistols until 20 years after they broke up.)

A very different musical figure who was a former Ventura County resident: legendary jazz clarinetist, bandleader, and author Artie Shaw, who lived in Camarillo in the later years of his life, until his death.
That's a rather interesting observation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County