Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,822,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
No place is perfect, just make sure it's perfect for you and your family.
There was talk a few years ago about school districts, Camarillo, high schools, districting, neighborhoods....I don't recall the details....

Just a heads up that extra research might be necessary as there may have or may be changes on the way schools are zoned...Check out the Adolpho Camarillo schools and the Oxnard Unified (??) school system....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 29,858 times
hello movntoCa... im glad you are considering on purchasing a condominium in riverpark. it is a beautiful place....My husband and love the area, close to beach, schools, and a park in every corner. We did consider purchasing a condominium unit at the Promenade condominiums, but instead chose something else... if you are looking to purchase a little bigger than the promenade, you may want to look at the Luminaria condos..the living room and the square footage is a little bigger.. its also built by centex homes just like promenade.. you should be able to get a condo for about 310,000...DO NOT PAY THE LIST PRICE OF THE CONDO!!! home values have dropped...at the time we were looking promenade was going for $312,000...for a 3bed... you can probably purchase this at 300,000.. if you need more info regarding the area... just reply with questions...

Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM

4 posts, read 18,238 times
Hello, I've been looking at the area for over a year now. But I have to say that I am unhappy with the drops in prices. It has not dropped as much as the market has dropped, and they seem to be holding off. My advice to people would be not to by at Riverpark until they actually drop more in pricing. If more people buy, they will just keep their high prices as they are. So give it at least until the end of the year and we will definitely see more of a drop in pricing. IMHO its overpriced right now compared to the market.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:49 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,771,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Actually, Oxnard is not a "high-crime area"; that's a misnomer. Oxnard is 2, 3, and 4 times bigger than the neighboring cities, but crime per thousand residents is lower than Santa Barbara. For its size, the crime rate in Oxnard is far below the national average for cities of similar size, 200,000 population. You are no less safe in Oxnard than any other city in the area. You may even be safer.

Oxnard is not a homogeneous city like Thousand Oaks. It's important to avoid broad-brush descriptions of Oxnard because there is tremendous variety in the city. Look around and find a part of the city that suits you. Avoid the parts that don't suite you. Simple. But don't look at one area and decide for the whole city. Oxnard is too big and varied for that kind of decision making.
Are you kidding me? Oxnard has the highest crime rate in all of Ventura County. They have the La Colonia Chicques gang, the Avenues from Ventura go there, and all the schools are horrible except San Buenaventura and Camarillo High School. In the city of Oxnard isn't very good. River Park houses are better though.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,084,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Are you kidding me? Oxnard has the highest crime rate in all of Ventura County. They have the La Colonia Chicques gang, the Avenues from Ventura go there, and all the schools are horrible except San Buenaventura and Camarillo High School. In the city of Oxnard isn't very good. River Park houses are better though.
Here we go again. Check your facts. This description of Oxnard is a tad out of date. Besides, Oxnard is a pretty big and varied city, too big and varied to paint with a broad-brush.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 21,971 times
Red face Good time to buy in River Park of Oxnard now?

We are thinking about buying a house at Pacific Crossing section in River Park, Oxnard. Ths price has come down quite bit in the last few months. Please give me some info on this development or current market, pros and cons. Thanks

Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 29,858 times
helloDandelionPark

riverpark is coming along pretty well. and yes prices have dropped since we've move'd here this past december.. the combination of lower prices and low interest rates have really made it a buyers market.. i am hoping that the prices will start going up this summer when kids are on vacation. Riverpark is a great place to live. close to the beach freeways and soon to be close to "the collection at riverpark" which will house cheesecake factory, whole foods market and a variety of small retail stores. The main con i have is the smell of manure which im not sure where it comes from, but its there when weather is hot or when the stinky wind blows towards our direction. Did you check out the shea homes near port hueneme? those are a little cheaper.. if you have any questions just respond

Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,084,600 times
Unhappy Ooo, ooo that smell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by river08 View Post
Riverpark is a great place to live. close to the beach freeways and soon to be close to "the collection at riverpark" which will house cheesecake factory, whole foods market and a variety of small retail stores. The main con i have is the smell of manure which im not sure where it comes from...
That smell is from Ventura. It's a combination of a mushroom processing plant and Ventura's sewer treatment facility. A few years ago the neighborhood council for your area of town formed an air-quality committee to push the City of Oxnard to lean on Ventura about that. It helped for a while; it was part of the reason a green-waste recycling center moved away. (It used to be worse, if you can believe it.) If you care to get involved, you might let yourself be known to the NC: SouthBank Neighborhood Council.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 21,971 times
Thanks, river08.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:14 AM

2 posts, read 19,534 times
I would recommend that you NOT purchase a property in Riverpark. This seemingly pastoral place is not what it appears to be. The area borders El Rio and the problems of El Rio are becoming Riverpark's problems. The one park on the East Side is now filled with gangbangers and wannabe's from El Rio...anytime on the weekend it is full of bangers and you are not welcome there! There are gang houses in the neighborhood, and loud partying other idiocy is startng to rear its ugly head. The local HOA is ineffective and doesn't communicate well with others, and the Oxnard PD are a disinterested. Oh yeah, once you purchase, you can forget about ever getting any service from the builder (Hi, Centex!)- it is like you become invisible. Try finding parking on your street after 4 pm, and then you had better lock your car.
Yeah, the place looks nice, but who cares about looks if you are in it for the long haul, right? The place is slowly being eaten alive. What will happen when the build the high school in the area and every wannabe toughie and banger starts rolling through the neighborhood.
Funny thing is, this stuff is never mentioned in the sales brochures. Boy, don't we feel like suckers now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County