Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 02:22 PM

64 posts, read 193,892 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

this will be my first time in SB with my GF and it will be our 1 year anniversary. Im a horrible planner and always get anxiety when i have to plan something, and im losing my mind now on what to do. We will be there September 9th and 10th, staying at a cheap Motel called Sunset. Can anyone give me a few ideas on what to do? Something romantic preferably, but not necessary. I just want this to be a night to remember.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 12:56 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,391,561 times
Some suggestions:

Rent a bike, or bike car. It is a 4 wheel bike made for 2 or they have larger bikes for more. In your case I would take one of those. You can cruse around the beach area. They have a concrete bike path, walking path near the beach area. Wheel Fun Rentals of Santa Barbara

When you get tired of doing that take a walk down Stearns Wharf. Lots of little shops and places to eat on the Wharf. Don't forget to look off the West side of the wharf. Homeless people have set up these little games where you can toss money from the side and see if you won anything, then again you don't get to take a prize home other than the memory. I know it sounds like I am joking but I am not joking, tossing coins down at these little games is a thing that people do. Stearns Wharf - Visit Santa Barbara

After your walk on the Wharf get in line for the Land Shark, which takes off at 12:00pm, 2:00PM and 4:00PM (Pacific time) It is $30 a person but the ride is awesome. The Land Shark is a big hybrid boat /bus thing. It takes you on a tour both on land and on the water. You get in near Stearns Wharf on land. It will take you out in the water and show you the sites. Land and Sea Tours | SCHEDULE PRICE TICKETS

If you have had enough of the ocean you could head inland to State Street and plenty of shops to walk around. Antiques stores, and modern day retail locations, plenty of upscale stuff as well.http://santabarbaraca.com/explore-an...santa-barbara/

A good place to end the day and get in a good meal is Pascucci with some of the best lasagna that I have ever had. You will probably end up taking some back with you, or you can share an order. I don't drink but they have an awesome selection of wine. Pascucci Restaurant

Old 08-29-2017, 01:55 PM

1,257 posts, read 891,160 times
You are going to my dream city! I've never been there, so please come back to the thread to tell about your trip! Have a wonderful time.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:29 PM

64 posts, read 193,892 times
I also just talked to a friends who has a Santa Barbara Axxcess Card. How does this work? Can i use it even if its in my friends name?

Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 PM

Anyone can use the card. It is just a way for business places to advertise and get more business. Most places give a percentage off or you might get a free meal with purchase of a meal.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:33 PM

181 posts, read 176,782 times
My office is in Santa Barbara, so I'm pretty familiar with it. The Santa Barbara Zoo is right off the waterfront. Small but still very impressive. Probably one of the most well-funded zoos in the country. For restaurants that are romantic, you could go on to the Four Seasons Biltmore and eat on the patio overlooking the ocean, but there are several landmark eateries - Palace Grill just off lower State Street, Bouchon located on Victoria and State near the Arlington theater, and Opal which is just 3 shops down from the Arlington is a really good Asian fusion restaurant. Also walk around the Arlington theater just to see the architecture and climb to the top of the Couthouse and take in a 360 degree view of the city.....
If you fall in love with the city and decide you want to live there, the median home price is $1,195,000...but you'll easily find condos that are 3 times that. I'm a realtor there...

Andy

Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadrid View Post
My office is in Santa Barbara, so I'm pretty familiar with it. The Santa Barbara Zoo is right off the waterfront. Small but still very impressive. Probably one of the most well-funded zoos in the country. For restaurants that are romantic, you could go on to the Four Seasons Biltmore and eat on the patio overlooking the ocean, but there are several landmark eateries - Palace Grill just off lower State Street, Bouchon located on Victoria and State near the Arlington theater, and Opal which is just 3 shops down from the Arlington is a really good Asian fusion restaurant. Also walk around the Arlington theater just to see the architecture and climb to the top of the Couthouse and take in a 360 degree view of the city.....
If you fall in love with the city and decide you want to live there, the median home price is $1,195,000...but you'll easily find condos that are 3 times that. I'm a realtor there...

Andy
LOL, Yup the awesome price of admission to the awesome lifestyle of Santa Barbara living. I know a few people that grew up in Santa Barbara and wanted the same life that their parents had, so they ended moving down the coast to Ventura to replicate that life as best they could at a cheaper price. For us, one thing about living in Oxnard is we can be in Santa Barbara after having an awesome drive up the 101, enjoy the city, visit the zoo, and then head back down to our $500,000 home that we paid a lot less for.

Beautiful city though. Love it.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:43 PM

181 posts, read 176,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
LOL, Yup the awesome price of admission to the awesome lifestyle of Santa Barbara living. I know a few people that grew up in Santa Barbara and wanted the same life that their parents had, so they ended moving down the coast to Ventura to replicate that life as best they could at a cheaper price. For us, one thing about living in Oxnard is we can be in Santa Barbara after having an awesome drive up the 101, enjoy the city, visit the zoo, and then head back down to our $500,000 home that we paid a lot less for.

Beautiful city though. Love it.
Exactly..both are great places to live

Old 09-08-2017, 03:22 PM

16 posts, read 30,912 times
First - you can stay with the episcopal monks by the mission - very cheap by santa barbara standards - sunday mass at the mission is pretty impressive

Walks - around the mission complex -along cabrillo blvd - the harbor - eat at the tiny sushi rest there - ledbetter beach, hendreys beach, 1000 steps - alll mind blowing - take a walk at eldridge park on the mesa - The zoo is nice - lotusland - mindblowing - lotusland.org - cold spring tavern - on and on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County