Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,206 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
First time posting, I'm sure bummed it's under such unfortunate circumstances.

Mine and my boyfriend's bikes were stolen from our locked garage on Seaward Ave. near the 101 in Ventura, between 10p last night and 6a this morning. They are both Cannondale mountain bikes, less than a year old.

We have filed a police report with Ventura PD. Please contact them immediately with any possible sightings or additional information. Thank you so much for you time and assistance.

DESCRIPTIONS:
*Women's Cannondale Tango 2. Dark grey with green accents. Modified stem (connects steering tube to handlebars) and pedals, both are bright green.*
*Men's Cannondale Trail 4. Matte black with white accents. Modified clip-in pedals which are orange.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 08:58 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Bummer.

Hopefully you registered them with the police and they'll get picked up before they file the serial numbers off them.

Nice bikes are not something you can safely own in Ventura, especially in Pierpont, with all the "service-resistant" druggie vagrants wandering around stealing everything they can get their hands on.

All I've got are schitty thrift-store specials, that I've refurbed. None of them are worth the effort of stealing, for this exact reason.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 AM

225 posts, read 469,471 times
My friend Thomas Davidson lives in Ventura and he had his bike stolen as well recently.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeat View Post
huge, if true
Now, that! is quite the coincidence....as my friend, David Thomason, has also had his bicycle recently nicked from the same area.
This is beginning to play out like a Nancy Drew mystery!

Old 11-22-2018, 05:36 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times
Bikes today can easily be 3,000 to 5,000 apiece. They also break down into valuable component items. Easy for druggies to sell/trade to their dealer. As we do the runup to winter up where I am the thefts ramp up. No wonder bikes end up hanging in your entry way or above your staircase instead of the garage. It's happening all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County