Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 03:25 PM

396 posts, read 424,383 times

Advertisements

My husband and I just moved to Thousand Oaks this year. We both came from very strict religious families. We managed to make it through high school and college and have never tried pot in our lives. So of course now in our mid 40s, living where it's legal we are curious about trying it. Who knows we may hate it but I'd like to at least give it a try.

We don't want to smoke anything so I guess we'd want to eat a brownie or try a tincture? My question is can anyone recommend a place that is close to Thousand Oaks and even better some place that could deliver it? I order everything online these days anyway.

Can you get it delivered for recreational reasons or is that just with a prescription.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 05:45 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,085,738 times
Have to drive into the Valley a bit, try here:

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/we...ents-group-2-2

Edibles are strong and last a longggg time. Consider smoking at first. If you enjoy it, consider buying a vaporizer.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:21 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,448,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Have to drive into the Valley a bit, try here:

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/we...ents-group-2-2

Edibles are strong and last a longggg time. Consider smoking at first. If you enjoy it, consider buying a vaporizer.
Yeah, I agree, be careful for edibles they aren't for newbies. I second the idea of vaping, it's better than smoking and it's easier to control how much you are using. Most dispensaries will help a person find the right strain if they admit they have no tolerance, don't you agree?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the tip about the medibles. I didn't know they were stronger. I've never even tried smoking so the idea of smoking something doesn't appeal to me much. I guess I'll try it. But what about a tincture instead?

funny how the media makes it out that you can just run into a dispensary on every corner like it's a gas station. It's not like that at all.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyGoatherd View Post
Thanks for the tip about the medibles. I didn't know they were stronger. I've never even tried smoking so the idea of smoking something doesn't appeal to me much. I guess I'll try it. But what about a tincture instead?

funny how the media makes it out that you can just run into a dispensary on every corner like it's a gas station. It's not like that at all.
Just get a vape pen and a cartridge. Make sure the vape pen is reusable, most are - then you just buy the cartridge when one is empty. It's clean and easy, you don't have to learn how to roll a joint and you don't have to figure out how to keep it lit. You might find a better deal on a vape pen at a vape shop or online, I've never really checked the price for a vaping device in a dispensary but I wouldn't pay more than $20 or $30 for the pen. Cartridges cost $20-$40 each but they last a long time unless you are using it all day long.

Tincture doesn't really do much and it's not cost effective. Just tell the dispensary that you have zero tolerance and they will give you something mild. You screw the cartridge on the vape pen and press the button while it's depressed inhale. The pens are rechargeable usually they have a usb charger. Don't take more than 2 hits without waiting 10 or 15 minutes to see how it affects you. It won't kill you if you do too much but you might feel uncomfortably 'weird' for a while.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:37 AM

But vape pens aren't for bud, usually.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:39 PM

I was going to ask about that. I didn't realize that people can vape marijuana. But you are saying they can't? I don't know maybe weed isn't for me. I was thinking like eating maybe 1/8th of a cookie to start.

I did some reading and I didn't realize that while pot is legal in the state that each county and town has their own ordinances. And apparently Ventura county doesn't really have much by the way of dispensaries. I did read that Thousand Oaks approved of one for the future.

It's so typical of the religious conservative east coast hyperbole you hear to make it sound like there are weed stores on every corner throughout the state. So glad we are living here now.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
But vape pens aren't for bud, usually.
That's correct, they are for liquified concentrated marijuana

Old 08-14-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I was going to ask about that. I didn't realize that people can vape marijuana. But you are saying they can't? I don't know maybe weed isn't for me. I was thinking like eating maybe 1/8th of a cookie to start. I did some reading and I didn't realize that while pot is legal in the state that each county and town has their own ordinances. And apparently Ventura county doesn't really have much by the way of dispensaries. I did read that Thousand Oaks approved of one for the future. It's so typical of the religious conservative east coast hyperbole you hear to make it sound like there are weed stores on every corner throughout the state. So glad we are living here now.
It's that way in Sacramento County too. Dispensaries are legal in the City of Sacramento but not in the unincorporated county areas. But that just confirms what idiots we have on the board of supervisors, they approve every massage parlor, liquor store and smoke shop application but think that marijuana dispensaries will attract bad people lol.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
And apparently Ventura county doesn't really have much by the way of dispensaries. I did read that Thousand Oaks approved of one for the future.
Yeah, just one. But now Sacramento is considering changing the laws, because they are unnecessarily restrictive for sales and delivery to homebound persons and those who lack transportation options.

Oh, another city in the county has already decided that they will gladly take the tax revenue for a huge dispensary and growing operation...Port Hueneme. Already it's nicknamed "Pot Hueneme." The kids used to call Thousand Oaks "Thousand Tokes" so there are lots of customers who will be making the drive a few miles north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County