Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,791 times

Advertisements

ive entered twice everyday since it started. now im kinda scared and hope i dont win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

182 posts, read 406,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Ha ha...great story!

I was wondering about the houses up there...seems like they just keep building more and more. As I was going up the lift, I was looking at the houses directly in my field of vision and I was curious - why would anyone want to live there? Right ON the slope so everyone can see inside??? I can see understand the draw of slope slide, but you'd figure for the price of these homes, you'd want a little bit of privacy. I dunno.
I don't think it's the urban mindset that arctic mentioned. It's the HEY LOOK AT ME I'M RICH show off mentality.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,149 times
If my name is drawn I think they'll see I already live in vermont and sneakily pull another name.

Show biz.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:00 PM

31 posts, read 210,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
If my name is drawn I think they'll see I already live in vermont and sneakily pull another name.

Show biz.
I thought of that too, when I reminded my relatives to enter.

Speaking of 'show biz', look at the sweepstakes rules, ..."Main Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential Grand Prize Winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Main Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential Grand Prize Winner might reflect negatively on Main Sponsor or any of the Participating Product Sponsors."...

But the most curious sentence of all of the rules is further down ..."Main Sponsor also reserves the right to randomly select an unspecified number of potential finalists for the Grand Prize. "...

Wait, what happened? Does that mean they will select a winner from other would-be winners that will provide better (or worse depending on your perspective) entertainment value? YIKES!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
the money you get with it is for taxes

don't bother though- I am very lucky when it comes to winning contests- week-long trip to see Springsteen in Paris...carribean cruise etc.

I've already entered once, so you should probably stop wasting your time

BWAAAHH HAHAHA! Actually, I've been forgetting to enter anyway.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 32,823 times
This is a post from one of the HGTV blogs:
"For those concerned with FEES, I just recieved very reliable info about the HOA fees and they are much less than previously noted on this site. This house is in a resort community called Spruce Peak where there are varing levels of residences (great photos on their website). Some have high HOA fees becasue they are condos with lots of ammenities included. These homesite homes have only basic road maintenance included in the HOA fees (basically that means snow removal). The estimated HOA fees are approx 3K per year (or 250 per month). The individual home owners are responsible for all of thier own maintenance such as landscaping, etc.
As a homeowner in the resort community, you are able to join the Stowe Mountain Club (details on the Spruce Peak and Stowe websites - basically like a country club w golf, spa access, season ski pass, etc). The fees for that are a one time 55,000 payment PLUS 9K per year (750 a month). Maybe some of this is what created the confusion about the high HOA fees.
Also, no HOA rules against weekly or seasonal rentals, but home can NOT be operated as a B&B.
Good luck to all!!"

Old 01-24-2011, 12:04 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,961,503 times
$250/month just for snow removal??? Geez.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 PM

22 posts, read 47,472 times
Did you see the lenght of that driveway and the feet of snow Stowe gets per year...$250 is a bargin!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM

182 posts, read 406,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
$250/month just for snow removal??? Geez.
The post did state road maintenance so it should be more than plowing. Perhaps tossing down new rock and cleaning up after mud season?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,304 times
The capital gains tax on the house, Denali and the money is $533,000. If you could cover the additional $33,000 for the first year, the property taxes are still less than a mortgage.

I love the dorm style bedroom/bathroom. We have 8 kids... 5 of them girls. Perfect layout for us. I could really use 2 sets of washers and dryers and 2 dishwashers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont