Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times

Advertisements

If it was a Communist state we'd all be working(for pennies) and there would be state run daycare for everyone with children, not this mad scramble to balance being a parent with 'what to do with your kids' on the numerous holidays and days off.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanus View Post
If one thinks Vermont is a communist state, obviously one has not lived in a communist state! It is hard to imagine anyone but an American making such a statement. France, Sweden, even Germany (any many other places in Europe) are much more "social democratic" (I guess that is what you mean) than any place in the U.S. is, or could be.

I know several gay men and lesbians who live in Vermont. From what they have told me, they are very committed Vermonters. For goodness sake, it is the only place in the country that have gay marriage through legislation!

No place is perfect; it depends upon your own values and if they match where you live. No place is for everyone; I hope you find a place you like.
"Communist state"... Wow. I hate what VT has become, but thats like saying you got "raped" in a basketball game. Say that to someone who lived through communism. See what happens.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 PM

8 posts, read 21,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Hey did you see the news? The property taxes are going up 7% in VT even though it was recomended that they lower them 2.5%. Now that is Liberals at their best. WOHOO LOOK MORE MONEY TO WASTE!!!!!
Excuse me but the governor is REPUBLICAN!
The liberals are the only saving grace in this state. "Vermonters" blame everything on the influx of New York, MA progressives. Only a couple years ago, barns had huge signs painted on them "TAKE VERMONT BACK". It's weird here. Don't come for the beauty ..... many states are beautiful like Oregon, Washington, Northern CA, New Mexico.... and the diversity is very much missed. I could go on but all I want to say again is ,,,, it's weird here. But I can't say I wasn't warned before I came.

Last edited by I'm Just Sayin...; 01-25-2010 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: clarification i.e. left out a word.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:18 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Just Sayin... View Post
Excuse me but the governor is REPUBLICAN!
The liberals are the only saving grace in this state. "Vermonters" blame everything on the influx of New York, MA progressives. Only a couple years ago, barns had huge signs painted on them "TAKE VERMONT BACK". It's weird here. Don't come for the beauty ..... many states are beautiful like Oregon, Washington, Northern CA, New Mexico.... and the diversity is very much missed. I could go on but all I want to say again is ,,,, it's weird here. But I can't say I wasn't warned before I came.
The governor has little power, particularly when the legislature is opposed to him with enough votes to over-ride a veto. There's really only two options: cut spending, or raise taxes. Our wonderful legislature doesn't want to cut spending significantly but they love raising taxes.

The state did not have these sorts of problems before being taken over by the extreme left. Just look South and West of us for two other states run by the far-left and see how they are...broke, over-taxing, etc.

There's still a lot of those signs around...some freshly painted.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:34 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The governor has little power, particularly when the legislature is opposed to him with enough votes to over-ride a veto. There's really only two options: cut spending, or raise taxes. Our wonderful legislature doesn't want to cut spending significantly but they love raising taxes.

The state did not have these sorts of problems before being taken over by the extreme left. Just look South and West of us for two other states run by the far-left and see how they are...broke, over-taxing, etc.

There's still a lot of those signs around...some freshly painted.
I agree completely.
The problem is, states run by the far right are just as screwed.
Moderation is the key, and moderation is not cool anymore.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BickleTravis View Post
I agree completely.
The problem is, states run by the far right are just as screwed.
Moderation is the key, and moderation is not cool anymore.
That's what we need, moderates, and that's what we used to have...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
once again this has turned into a political thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont