Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 07:29 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,132,363 times

Advertisements

That’s a good grim effect, harry!

These yellowish gray skies are spooky alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2023, 09:34 AM

128 posts, read 168,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
Coolidge was a highly underrated President.

If you haven't been before, I highly recommend a tour of the Coolidge Homestead, Museum and grave site in Plymouth, VT.

Old 07-08-2023, 04:39 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
I have not read all the posts, but I visited E Thetford during my teens, and it was lovely. I used to wander at will and it was such a beautiful place.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:07 AM

20,154 posts, read 9,049,040 times
Stayed here earlier in the week, Highly recommend if you want to get away.

https://www.robertfrostmountaincabins.com/

Old 08-19-2023, 08:11 PM

12 posts, read 6,942 times
Well I have never lived in the beautiful Green Mountain State, but my dad was born in Rutland and most of my childhood summers were spent at Lake Bomoseen and at my grandparent's old Victorian mansion that they had converted into a boarding house.

Vermont's spectacular scenery is probably taken for granted by natives. But for this outlier from the Buckeye State, the pastoral mountains, icy blue lakes, maple lined country roads and small towns that dotted the landscape took my breath away every time we crossed the border into Vermont from Whitehall, New York. In fact, the air smelled so sweet, so fresh, so wonderful that we often would get out of our car and gulp it down. There are no big cities (I don't count Burlington), not like the urban sprawl where I come from. In Vermont, you are literally out in the rural countryside within minutes. Vermont is so small and quaint, it makes me want to live there full time.

In fact, we did get a timeshare up by Sugarbush so we could own a tiny piece of my favorite location in the nation. Unfortunately, since I am a teacher, it's hard to get up there during the fall. But we try to go most summers.

The Vermont of my childhood makes my heart ache for her idyllic country loveliness. I hope that one day, in the not so distant future, I can make Vermont my home.

Enough said...

Old 08-27-2023, 10:01 AM

60 posts, read 75,378 times
I would love to live in Vermont. Born in Allentown, Pa, lived in northern Ohio and Currently in kansas. Even though we do get “snow” I need more.

Old 11-05-2023, 07:37 AM

10,755 posts, read 23,847,920 times
I did a day trip yesterday to Montreal for shopping downtown and around the Marche Jean Talon for foodie items. I also had a memorable and savory lunch at a French Restaurant in Le Plateau. The city is thriving, vibrant, and world class. it has everything I could want and need from a big city loaded with character, history, and charm with a plethora of things to do. It's not Vermont, but it's really close by that we benefit from it if one was inclined to spend time in a major metro area.

After walking around parts of the city, riding the metro, and having a day full of activity I was thinking, okay... I don't live here, I'm beat, and I'm ready to go home. Driving out the city through the flat farmland then crossing back into Vermont's rolling hills and mountain views and heading home was comforting. When I got home and unloaded the car and crashed for the evening, I felt very content that this was the place I come home to. My week ahead and all my errands, responsibilities, and day to day tasks will be spent in these scenic small towns away from the rat race, and that's one of the reasons why I love living Vermont.

Old 11-05-2023, 11:06 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,132,363 times
I totally get your drift, Champ!

I love Montreal, and have lived there all my life except a few bits in Vancouver and Dublin.
I now live closer to Vermont in suburban Chambly, and am happy just going to the coty on my terms, once a week to drive my wife to work. I take a long stroll with my dog for a couple hours, and get my fill of sights. Then, coming back to a quiet town on the lake is something I treasure more than the excitement of urban life.

Yes, the drive to Vermont is flat as heck, unless you are headed on highway 10, towards the townships, where it becomes progressively more hilly.

I also love living here because it is closer to Vermont!!!

Old 11-06-2023, 05:06 AM

9,474 posts, read 5,245,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapple3 View Post
Well I have never lived in the beautiful Green Mountain State, but my dad was born in Rutland and most of my childhood summers were spent at Lake Bomoseen and at my grandparent's old Victorian mansion that they had converted into a boarding house.

Vermont's spectacular scenery is probably taken for granted by natives. But for this outlier from the Buckeye State, the pastoral mountains, icy blue lakes, maple lined country roads and small towns that dotted the landscape took my breath away every time we crossed the border into Vermont from Whitehall, New York. In fact, the air smelled so sweet, so fresh, so wonderful that we often would get out of our car and gulp it down. There are no big cities (I don't count Burlington), not like the urban sprawl where I come from. In Vermont, you are literally out in the rural countryside within minutes. Vermont is so small and quaint, it makes me want to live there full time.

In fact, we did get a timeshare up by Sugarbush so we could own a tiny piece of my favorite location in the nation. Unfortunately, since I am a teacher, it's hard to get up there during the fall. But we try to go most summers.

The Vermont of my childhood makes my heart ache for her idyllic country loveliness. I hope that one day, in the not so distant future, I can make Vermont my home.

Enough said...
I've lived here for 20 yrs and have never met a native who took this spectacular landscape for granted. It's their generational home. They are literally part of the landscape.

Old 11-06-2023, 09:23 AM

23,608 posts, read 70,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I've lived here for 20 yrs and have never met a native who took this spectacular landscape for granted. It's their generational home. They are literally part of the landscape.
LOL! I have about seven generations of ancestors like that. It might help explain why Vermont is so rocky and cantankerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont