Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 PM

6 posts, read 25,346 times

Advertisements

i heard something about somebody who worked at Weeks Scholl in vergennes, VT as a science teacher and/or school guidence for a while, her name is emily rasmussen, who previously taught in an indian reservation hight school somewhere in canada... if you have any information or memories regarding her performance, behaviour, etc. please reply
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 PM

31 posts, read 140,924 times
What is it like living in Vergennes? I'm thinking of moving to VT for a job in Law Enforcement in Burlington and I'm trying to find some real estate in the nearby area thats affordable?

Old 09-09-2009, 03:07 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,131,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lake Patriot 1970 View Post
What is it like living in Vergennes? I'm thinking of moving to VT for a job in Law Enforcement in Burlington and I'm trying to find some real estate in the nearby area thats affordable?
I think Vergennes is beautiful. Parts of it are right on the lake and there are views galore. The downtown is charming with small, local businesses and restaurants. Vergennes, like Vermont and countless other places, is experiencing quite the economic downturn. Some of those nice businesses are suffering and a few are gone. On the plus side, properties may be cheaper right now. I've also only visited Vergennes, so I can't tell you what it feels like to lives there.

For sale by owner in Addison County, which includes Vergennes:
Picket Fence Preview

Old 11-25-2010, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,479 times
yes i knew her very well she was one of my teachers while i was there. my brother and myself were there from 1970 to 1975 and we only got out when they had the riot and had to close the place.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 12,414 times
i'd love to chat with someone that has been at the Weeks School, as i was there myself.

shirley

Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 6,281 times
Hi, my Mother & Uncle were both at "Vergennes" as it was referred to in our family, in the early 60's. My Mother was Diane Webster, and my Uncle was Rupert (Punky) Webster, if anyone remembers them, please contact me. I am also interested if anyone remembers Cliff Bigelow.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lake Patriot 1970 View Post
Generally, it's cheaper north of Burlington than south

If you take route 7, there's a fair amount of traffic to Vergennes. I don't know if there's a better way.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM

319 posts, read 963,145 times
Default i missed ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysam View Post
i'd love to chat with someone that has been at the Weeks School, as i was there myself.

shirley
sorry been gone.i was there in the 60's.mr witcomb was princible.i was in mcdoughna cottage .mr geenleaf was the head honcho.i was 11 i think.spent time in the jug. doc zoller was the srink.ya just read your message. i'm triing not to do this but can't resist. u can see the weeks in my spelling huh.here goes i triing not dam i lose.i've been gone for so long the days turn into years with my feelings locked inside my heart time dies up my tears.i wander here i wander there i geuss i'll always roam iam the man who was the boy who had no loving home.i made that up can't remember when though.i spent from 4yrso to around 8yrso or7 i think in an orphanage.the warner home for wayward children. gee than i had to go to a reformatory?????makes sence to me. after 4or5yrs in thr weeks the only out for me was to work on a farm. thus i didn't go to high school. it was 14/15 hr. days on average.i was 15.i can tell ya some good stories from the weeks.like the time we went camping at the big lake.i stole a pack of smokes from the cottage parents tent.thier son saw the smokes and told on me

Last edited by unconscious; 02-19-2011 at 09:20 PM..

Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 PM

319 posts, read 963,145 times
Default like i was saying

i was sitting in the out house wich was a parachute stung on ropes.so as i sat enjoying his smokes his kid walks up and see em from out side as the chute didn't quite touch the floor.i didn't know till other kids told me. i hid them under a rock.i had to trime the grass from between the rocks/ do the dishes/make breakfast/but he couldn't give me a d class cause he never found the smokes and i never owened up to it.so i got to go to the movies that week with a c-. ha haa.i saw him yrs&yrs latter.he asked me about it as i was buying a pack of smokes at his store. i admited to it.he had tried to trick me by holding apack of smokes saying he found them i knew better cause there were to many gone i'd only had smoked the one. so i had smokes all summer and a lighter too as i had to start the fire in the morn to cook breakfast.he knew i had snuck into thier tent when they were on the lake fishing.yup he was mad!he caught a bass and mounted his head and made us shout things at it like mr bass i will not what ever. over & over hrs & hrs.when he wasn't in ear shot we'd say/ mr bass has a head but no ass.ha ha ha ha.but they had lots of physical tortures they were allowed to do.including beatings.i mean severe beatings.but all in all it was fun.what was not to like.after living with stepmom.remember it's colder than a stepmothers kiss.well i hope ur doin ok write me any time with any question.if i can be of any help.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,994 times
I was there in the mid sixties. A cottage for the last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont