Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 09:30 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,463,505 times

Advertisements

A lot of people like criticizing, but I find most of the critiques false or poorly motivated. Underneath it is the best arkham game and best superhero game period.

This guy has a great explanation why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KWraOpcfNw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 06:05 AM

4,678 posts, read 3,883,262 times
I love that game! A lot of people didn't like it because of the batmobile, which I think made the game even better. There were some amazing batmobile battles in that game which could have held its own as a standalone game I thought.

Overall, it's best Batman game.

I'm finding I love superhero games. I rate Spider-man ahead of it, but I rate BAK as the 2nd best PS4 game, ahead of God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, the Witcher (so far) etc.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I love that game! A lot of people didn't like it because of the batmobile, which I think made the game even better. There were some amazing batmobile battles in that game which could have held its own as a standalone game I thought.

I'm finding I love superhero games. I rate Spider-man ahead of it, but I rate BAK as the 2nd best PS4 game, ahead of God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, the Witcher (so far) etc.
I rank it ahead of those games as well. The Witcher was a bit overrated as was God of War, but Knight was just disregarded in many ways.

The bat-mobile helped pacing, you get land exploration/combat and then 20% of the game is in the tank where you get higher stake explosive shooting battles.

Also the aesthetics of the militia were great, and the number of suits and Easter eggs were out of this world.

I like spider-man as well, I'm not sure which is better, but my preference for DC over Marvel makes me kind of Bias.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:30 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,292,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

I'm one that found it worse than Akham City because of the Batmobile. Its inclusion just felt forced, the battles were dull and repetitive, the Riddler challenges pretty much were set to need the BM even the non-racing challenges and trophies were heavily weighted towards it. Plus you can't race through a riot in the Batmobile and not kill anyone, I don't care you have taser shielding, someone's going under the tires, and a 70mph impact is a 70 mph impact, you're not selling me the "no homicide" rule letting you do that.

I think in the final analysis, the inclusion of the Batmobile made Rocksteady think of all the cool stuff they could do with it, but that led to less depth than existed in their previous Arkhams (not Origins, that wasn't Rocksteady) outside the BM.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I'm one that found it worse than Akham City because of the Batmobile. Its inclusion just felt forced, the battles were dull and repetitive, the Riddler challenges pretty much were set to need the BM even the non-racing challenges and trophies were heavily weighted towards it. Plus you can't race through a riot in the Batmobile and not kill anyone, I don't care you have taser shielding, someone's going under the tires, and a 70mph impact is a 70 mph impact, you're not selling me the "no homicide" rule letting you do that.

I think in the final analysis, the inclusion of the Batmobile made Rocksteady think of all the cool stuff they could do with it, but that led to less depth than existed in their previous Arkhams (not Origins, that wasn't Rocksteady) outside the BM.
The Bat mobile made it a different style game than previous Arkham titles. Its not something you can take out of the game as its vital to its gameplay loop and world design.

I used to agree that the bat mobile was overused, but on subsequent playthroughs I've changed my mind.

Half of the riddler challenges were in the car while half were on foot with catwoman.

Of the half in the car, only half of those were race tracks. The other half were puzzles with the bat mobile that I found entertaining, often using both the car and batman to complete.

It actually blends pretty well with the world, the car can be used as a combo take down on foot and the remote controlled bat mobile allowed for some great interplay between the two game modes. It just added another dimension to gameplay like predator mode and free flow combat and gliding.

Ace Chemicals and the Arkham Knight HQ did a great job of making a dungeon that combined the car and batman perfectly.

All that being said Arkham City had better dungeons than Knight. Nothing in Knight can surpass the Museum.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:26 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,519,595 times
I haven't played the Arkham trilogy yet, but from what I've seen it looks really good.
I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed and Shadow of Mordor so there's a good chance I'll end up liking the games.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I haven't played the Arkham trilogy yet, but from what I've seen it looks really good.
I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed and Shadow of Mordor so there's a good chance I'll end up liking the games.
Yup, they're pretty similar.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:07 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,420,783 times
I enjoyed Arkham Knight. The atmosphere was really good, especially in the blimp and the studio sections. My biggest complaint was the combat which I felt got a bit tedious towards the end of the game. It probably makes my top 50 games of all-time list but I don’t think it’d crack my top 25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games