Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 AM

20 posts, read 55,744 times

Advertisements

I agree with your comments, I completed an MBA after five long and ardurous years. I have 48 credit hours towards a MEd and will simply discard due to the lack of confidence in Strayers ability to meet needs of disabled individuals.

Still unable to find employment after spending more than $112K to attend Strayer and they have yet to offered to assist with employment search or recommendation. I do not recommend as a top choice, though if there were administrative personnel and leader ship perhaps the program could rise to meet students needs.

Sad when employers are so stigmatized by those who fail to meet there demands as graduates of Strayer University where it only complicates matters for those who actually took the time to study and earn their degree.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:01 AM

20 posts, read 55,744 times
This statment is not always true. Online or offline education is challenging and any student must be willing to commit time and effort to learn and earn their degree. Not all schools agree with both methods of education, however despite my personal views of Strayer University it could be better than it currently is.

For the record I did not have bad grades as a matter of fact I graduated with a 4.0 GPA. I was not given grades and had to earn them. I spent many hours each week studying, and listening to materials to gain knowledge in the area of concern.

As I have been unable to find work in the public sector I provide coaching and support to others through private contract relationships. I do not make the salary desired, and have no benefits, but I do offer a service that can readily assist others online, via phone or in person.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-28-2015 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: spam/advertising

Old 08-13-2010, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,447 times
I am currently attending Strayer in Rockville, MD. I have a pretty decent career. I just want to have a bachelor's degree. I would like to know if I am wasting my time since I trying to obtain a BA in Business and this college is apparently not AACSB accredited. Any suggestions?

Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,364 times
Default Think!

You know, I am a Student at Strayer with 8 classes left before my Degree. I am also a war vet, and Staff Sergeant in the US Army. They do "Fit My Life". Clj2009 you sound like a booksmart geek who has no clue about common sense. I have served with some of the most intelligent, logical, smart soldiers who have never had a single college course, and if given the right tools they could run circles around you in anything you do. So next time you want to put down individuals who may recieve an education differently than you, do two tours in combat and see if that 4.0 will save you.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,060 times
I graduated from Strayer U in 2009 with BBA in Acquisition and Contract Management. Since I graduating, I have been promoted three times and not making 80K.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,060 times
I graduated from Strayer U in 2009 with BBA in Acquisition and Contract Management. Since I graduating, I have been promoted three times and is now making 80K.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM

144 posts, read 420,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2009 View Post
I graduated from Strayer U in 2009 with BBA in Acquisition and Contract Management. Since I graduating, I have been promoted three times and is now making 80K.
I am a Junior at Strayer (BBA ACM) and I was wondering how beneficial my degree would be after graduation. Gotta pay my loans. Thanks for posting!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,732 times
I attend strayer and it is great. Folks that are talking about 'college of respect' ie odu live in the dark ages. Get a grip ! Odu/ nsu are all scared of strayer because we graduate in less time and get their jobs. No one truly cares where it comes from -the fact that you sat there-took the classes-passed the courses and earned the degree-bottom line-that is all that matters. I went to odu it sucked for adults that work full time-talk about lack of respect -they treat the students like dribbling teenagers. Or like the folks that posted acting as though when you go to work you get respected. You get a paycheck...respect Yourself and dont worry about what people think-and you too could earn upwards of 80+ like the post from earlier. Worry about 'colleges of respect' ' brick and mortar'* By the way, they are all brick and mortar and they are all "FOR PROFIT") and you will be a bum with your hand out worried like little betty about what your little piece of paper says. Those making stupid comments clearly have a lack of education-no matter where.....

Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
I really hate to be a downer, especially since I don't know much about the costs or really even the classes. But a degree from a brick & mortar place (like ODU) will be more respected in the long run. I know Strayer works well for lots of people, especially those that need the flexibility of online and night classes, so I definitely see its appeal. On the other hand, when I worked in IT we had several folks with the same IT-type degree from Strayer. Two were great, and three were.... well.... not very good. It really gave me the impression that they will give a degree to anyone who can pay their fees. Also, FWIW, the place I work now, which does tuition reimbursement, won't pay for Strayer.
this is not a smart comment. You ought to do your research prior to making ocmments. Where do you work? Earning how much? That is what I thought

Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,797 times
I have been attending Strayer for the past 3 years and will finish next December. I have worked very hard to obtain my degree and that is all that matters. If you do not like the school then you should not attend. Bottom Line. Not everyone has a brutal experience as you put it. Strayer is for the working adult and it is made to be for adults who work full time jobs and have families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOman View Post
I just want to say one thing. I believe Strayer University is a FOR-PROFIT organization (I believe most private universities are either non-profit or not-for-profit). Mmmm.... what is the primary mission of such an organization? MAKE SHAREHOLDERS HAPPY (Strayer is listed in NASDAQ: STRAYER EDUCATION INC)? Sure, the COMPANY generally wants to make CUSTOMERS happy. Who are those CUSTOMERS? What do the company SELL????? IMHO, college degree is something you work hard for 4-years FULL TIME to obtain!!!! There is no short cut in the real education! Ask anyone who went through brutal 4-year FULL-TIME college education. Everyone would agree with me. By the way, I am NOT trying to insult anyone here. I'm just stating my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia