Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 PM

6 posts, read 11,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
I know you said you were looking at Forks for lower COL, but have to ask did you read or watch the series Twilight?

Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate it so much i wont even warrant this nonsense an answer. Have a rockin day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 08:11 PM

735 posts, read 873,202 times
Guess that means a yes.

Forks is terrible and it seems like the only people interested are Twilight fans and this is coming from someone that loves driving around the Olympic peninsula, hiking and camping. Don't get me wrong there is some beautiful scenery, but you can practicality smell the meth in the air.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:07 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,631,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
Guess that means a yes.

Forks is terrible and it seems like the only people interested are Twilight fans and this is coming from someone that loves driving around the Olympic peninsula, hiking and camping. Don't get me wrong there is some beautiful scenery, but you can practicality smell the meth in the air.
I would like to second that comment. My wife is a huge Twilight fan and in the movies they make it look like such a beautiful little place. We love the peninsula and the first time we went through Forks we were shocked at how much of a s-hole it is! So run down, trees are mostly all clear cut around it so the natural scenery in the immediate vicinity of the town is not there, either. It is a very poor, depressed, run-down town with really no up-side from what I have seen in my experiences there.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:16 AM

467 posts, read 527,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I would like to second that comment. My wife is a huge Twilight fan and in the movies they make it look like such a beautiful little place. We love the peninsula and the first time we went through Forks we were shocked at how much of a s-hole it is! So run down, trees are mostly all clear cut around it so the natural scenery in the immediate vicinity of the town is not there, either. It is a very poor, depressed, run-down town with really no up-side from what I have seen in my experiences there.
Are you aware that not one scene in Twilight was actually shot in Forks, or anywhere near it?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:21 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,631,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane917 View Post
Are you aware that not one scene in Twilight was actually shot in Forks, or anywhere near it?
Yes, I know it wasn't filmed anywhere near there (the first movie was almost entirely filmed down in areas around Portland, Oregon)
My point was that the DEPICTION of forks was of this beautiful, quaint little town and I think lots of people have the feeling that is how Forks really is so they are intrigued to want to go there or even move there in some cases.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 11,632 times
So update... I forgot about this thread and account and all the things. I had to move to rural earth for my own reasons that had nothing to do with vampires. I lived in Forks for 5 years. P.A. for 2. P.A. was terrible and i'm back in Forks because I actually like it. I have friends here and I love the small town ness and familiar faces. There's a real sense of community here. I'll agree it isn't for everyone. Too many reasons to list. But it's very much 'home' for me now. Even if I moved away - out of Washington, I'd still come back eventually.

Old Today, 09:49 AM

6,262 posts, read 3,424,439 times
Forks is fine place to get away from any troubles you may have if you are on witness protect. I doubt if anyone would think to look for you in Forks.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

14,536 posts, read 12,171,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanimyu View Post
So update... I forgot about this thread and account and all the things. I had to move to rural earth for my own reasons that had nothing to do with vampires. I lived in Forks for 5 years. P.A. for 2. P.A. was terrible and i'm back in Forks because I actually like it. I have friends here and I love the small town ness and familiar faces. There's a real sense of community here. I'll agree it isn't for everyone. Too many reasons to list. But it's very much 'home' for me now. Even if I moved away - out of Washington, I'd still come back eventually.

Thanks for your update, I'm glad you found your place in the world! I too love our rural places best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington