Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,660,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weidehond View Post
It is not only the sun angle and the length of daylight that influence the temperature. In more northern latitudes, record high temps occor mostly when a high pressure system stops rainfall for a few weeks or so. This results in a very dry soil. Dry soils warm up quickly.

In the tropics (especially in the ITC zone), prolonged dry periods are rare.

When you only take solar power in consideration, the locations with the most solar power within 24 ours are....90 north (21 june) or south (21 dec).
Unless you are talking within 9-10 degrees from the equator, some places have LLLOOONNNGGG dry seasons, take Khartoum at 15°N, their dry season is 9 months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 10:40 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (50 °N) is hotter than Royan, France (45 °N) during the summer. Is it really that surprising?
No, but I would expect Moosejaw's hottest time to be closer to the solstice, whereas Royan's closer to mid-to-late July.

Old Today, 08:59 AM

485 posts, read 97,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrinho View Post
I totally disagree, the tropics are far more unstable than the temperate zones.

(I know Florida is subtropical, but i can assure you, by living in the tropics, that this is absolutely true, it happened here twice today).
Say that to Texas though. South Florida is tropical climate, subtropical= warm temperate so the subtropical of the rest of Florida is still basically a temperate. Texas is mostly subtropical, which is warm temperate(or temperate hot summers) and is even way more unstable that FL.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

170 posts, read 38,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtropical-is-temperate3 View Post
Say that to Texas though. South Florida is tropical climate, subtropical= warm temperate so the subtropical of the rest of Florida is still basically a temperate. Texas is mostly subtropical, which is warm temperate(or temperate hot summers) and is even way more unstable that FL.
Florida’s weather is quite unpredictable, but yeah, Texas being more inland and most of it more northern it will have more mix up. And, warm temperate= subtropical? Bro, we already know that, repeating the same constantly is boring, I am not saying you should not say it anymore, it’s imore like you do it in every single sentence you write!

Old Today, 07:13 PM

369 posts, read 244,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
I agree with Muslim12,Here in Northeast where i live,you must know Pedrinho,you almost never see my region in news due to crazy weather.

Most things who happen in our contry talking about weather are from Southeast/South.

I hate it,Tropical Climate are so Boring..
Tropical South America lack cyclones, that's why they don't make it to news. Other tropical parts of the world have cyclones, depressions, severe fluctuating monsoons, abnormal cold and heat waves in the dry season (for continental regions in tropics).

Relatively cool to cold sea water on both sides of the continent really stabilizes the climate of tropical South America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather