Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,670 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

Can anyone who lives or has lived in Kings Point PLEASE let me know if this community floods? I currently rent a 2 bedroom unit in Century Village in Boca Raton. I love the area and have lived in this unit for 7 years now but I don't like having people above me, nor elevators and washer and dryers in a common laundry room. I would like to invest in a villa unfortunately the ones in Boca are a bit higher except the HOA fees are much lower at $270. I had looked at a villa in Kings Point in the Seville section but it need a lot of work. I know in general Delray Beach floods the hospital in Delray Beach always does. Anyway I don't have a broker yet and before looking again in the Waterford, Valencia, and Seville villa sections if there are more villas in King's Point can someone let me know. My question is does anyone know if the villa's flood I have called several Delray Beach Municipal Departments and know one can tell me because nobody knows, I have called the community i and don't get any help. One unit in Seville K is up for sale and was a remodel with waterproof floors (vinyl) which I was told by a flooring company what is the right type, even thou it won't prevent water flooding. I would appreciate it if someone can be honest before I invest in purchasing a villa in Kong's Point? I unfortunately asked someone years again how Century Village was and I asked the wrong person. I previously was in one unit for 6 years on the top floor and I don't like elevators and the power/ cable always goes out there, so this year I moved into a family owned unit on the first fl which I hate it in a different section which is where I asked a lady who said this section is wonderful NOT. I have snowbirds I think above me but when they come back you would think a hurricane is inside so loud dropping things at 2AM it's just to much and I want out. My range is somewhere around $100k and unfortunately the Boca villas start over that amount I don't want to buy anything but a single family unit. Thank you for anyone that can help me with the flooding question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 11:24 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
My parents are snowbirds in King's Point and I owned a unit there for 12 years that my MIL lived in. We are on the other side though in Normandy. In general, I have not heard about flooding there with the exception of this gigantic "100 year" rainstorm that happened about 5 years ago. Lots of cars were flooded including my parents' car. Not sure if some first-floor condos flooded or not. Ours didn't. I don't know about the other side. I will ask my mother tomorrow if she has heard about any flooding in the villas and will post again.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:23 AM

95 posts, read 119,093 times
Hi, don't know if you are still needing advice on this or not, but I would strongly suggest personally walking in Kings Point (obviously IF you can - if this is not one of those places that are gated with a security guard that checks everyone's ID before they can enter) and asking any residents strolling about for their views on the flood issue and other issues. Ask more than one person - visit multiple times, at multiple hours of the day/days of the week and talk with as many people as you see. Tell them you are thinking of possibly moving there and ask them very politely what their thoughts are regarding flooding, quality of life issues, etc.

I did this exact thing back in 2015 when I was thinking of moving to Delray - visiting as many housing complexes as I could in the week I had given myself, and talking with people about their experiences living in that particular complex and what they think of Delray overall.

I would approach someone, sometimes from my car - if I was driving thru a complex and seeing someone out walking their dog, or jogging, or whatever, I would slowly sidle up, roll down my window, or park the car and get out and walk the grounds, very politely asking anyone I encountered: "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm thinking of possibly moving to this area/this complex/Kings Point/whatever. Would you mind if I asked you, firstly, do you live here, if you don't mind my asking? Secondly, how do you like it? How long have you lived here? (Most people volunteer that.) Does it ever flood here - that is my main concern. Also, is it noisy? Crime? Issues/problems? How is the association running the place? etc etc.

Every day I would do this - and every single day people were kind enough to take the time to give me their opinions. In one week I probably talked to a minimum of 5 people a day. Mind you, I was going from complex to complex, and not just in Delray.

I didn't end up ultimately moving to Delray or to Florida due to the much higher crime rates down there generally speaking, than where I live (New England). Delray has a lovely walkable downtown, but I was put off by the high number of drug rehab and "sober houses" that a town of that size has. I briefly considered the super cheap 55+ places in West Palm, but again, the crime was so bad in these places I opted against it, and I'm still up here in freezing cold Maine.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:29 AM

95 posts, read 119,093 times
Also, have you looked into possibly renting a Kings Point, if they offer such a thing? You can try it out for perhaps a season or a year or whatever, and see what you think.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:22 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,197,769 times
Florida is a very big state and there are plenty of safe affordable 55+ communities. They don't tend to be in South Florida. The more affordable 55+ places are in Central Florida around Ocala and The Villages area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite2015 View Post
Hi, don't know if you are still needing advice on this or not, but I would strongly suggest personally walking in Kings Point (obviously IF you can - if this is not one of those places that are gated with a security guard that checks everyone's ID before they can enter) and asking any residents strolling about for their views on the flood issue and other issues. Ask more than one person - visit multiple times, at multiple hours of the day/days of the week and talk with as many people as you see. Tell them you are thinking of possibly moving there and ask them very politely what their thoughts are regarding flooding, quality of life issues, etc.

I did this exact thing back in 2015 when I was thinking of moving to Delray - visiting as many housing complexes as I could in the week I had given myself, and talking with people about their experiences living in that particular complex and what they think of Delray overall.

I would approach someone, sometimes from my car - if I was driving thru a complex and seeing someone out walking their dog, or jogging, or whatever, I would slowly sidle up, roll down my window, or park the car and get out and walk the grounds, very politely asking anyone I encountered: "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm thinking of possibly moving to this area/this complex/Kings Point/whatever. Would you mind if I asked you, firstly, do you live here, if you don't mind my asking? Secondly, how do you like it? How long have you lived here? (Most people volunteer that.) Does it ever flood here - that is my main concern. Also, is it noisy? Crime? Issues/problems? How is the association running the place? etc etc.

Every day I would do this - and every single day people were kind enough to take the time to give me their opinions. In one week I probably talked to a minimum of 5 people a day. Mind you, I was going from complex to complex, and not just in Delray.

I didn't end up ultimately moving to Delray or to Florida due to the much higher crime rates down there generally speaking, than where I live (New England). Delray has a lovely walkable downtown, but I was put off by the high number of drug rehab and "sober houses" that a town of that size has. I briefly considered the super cheap 55+ places in West Palm, but again, the crime was so bad in these places I opted against it, and I'm still up here in freezing cold Maine.

Old 01-17-2024, 10:51 PM

3 posts, read 1,889 times
Exclamation Century Village Boca

floridagirl24087

What are you talking about I own a condo in CVW and there are elevators and a common laundry room one each floor. And if you are still looking there are currently 2 1 bedroom’s available. I am in the 4 floor building’s and hate having someone above me but unfortunately I wasn’t thinking when I bought it. What I do is sound off my security alarm to wake them up, or I will blast music. You will see how quick they stop pots and pans banging together is a good trick . I honestly don’t know where in CVW u r every building has an elevator. Good luck. I to was thinking kings point but when looking to see 15 dead roaches was a big NO for me. Also when the tornado hit kings point the buildings that are only 2 floors roofs all collapsed and still some are not repaired. There HOA used to be cheaper then CVW not they are triple in kings point. In all honesty the community looks like a dump.

Old 01-17-2024, 10:54 PM

3 posts, read 1,889 times
Marguerite2015

If you don’t live there why suggest something you have no idea about. There is a security guard that will not allow any one on the premises if they were not notified. Bye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach