Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 02:19 AM

54 posts, read 204,744 times

Advertisements

Looking for some help if any. I am going to be working in the nashville area for roughly 3-6 months, exact time is unknown. Im trying to find places to stay that accept month to month payment and is furnished. Not looking for a single room but a actual apartment size place. My wife and one year old would be joining me off and on so cant be a single room in a house with others.

Im willing to drive up to a hour, any help or advice on where to look? Been looking in Pratt and harper and nothing at all.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 06:18 AM

206 posts, read 238,432 times
The hotel room or short-term house rental thing is used by some of the utility workers/emergency workers when needed. The aircraft plant people who move around usually get studio apartment. The engineer people at the plants usually own some basic housing near most of the plants they frequently contract with & just move around...the houses get passed between the children/family when not working there.

Craigslist does have a section for shared housing. This is best approach...You can also try to use Airbnb to see who rents out cottages/apartments and see how much for longer term stay.

I would just recommend the camping trip approach. I started to use a basic 'mess kit' plus microwave when I moved. I sleep on blow-up mattress I inflate with hand pump. Camping chair, a little folding table will make it cheap. I have big mesh bag for laundry. I just bring the laptop...

After moving a couple times only to find the locals taking female prisoners who arrived alone, this is my solution plus month-to-month rental. Thinking about getting cheapo RV when I wish to look next...If you travel a lot for work, the travel trailer thing is nicest investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita