Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM

3 posts, read 16,713 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
I was browsing through these forums, and getting a bit encouraged about my soon-to-be living situation in Wichita! I just accepted a job at McConnell, and was searching through apartments, when I came across this forum... I hate to do it, but I'm attempting to orchestrate just moving right into an apartment, without having to actually go out there before-hand, so your advice will be taken heavily! I've located a couple of apartments pretty close to the base, and would like any/all opinions on the location, the apartments, the staff, etc... So, here's the "list":
1.) The Club at Cherry Hills, Pawnee and Rock Rd
2.) Village Park at Cedarbrook, on Harry, east of Rock
3.) Village Park, Rockborough, on Rock, north of Douglas
4.) The Aragon Apartments, on Harry, east of Rock
5.) Brookwood, on Rock, south of Harry

Any information would be helpful, and if there's another place in the area that would be safer/cleaner/customer oriented, I'm definitely open to any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,578 times
You might try some of the Apartment review websites.
Keep in mind most people that leave reviews are motivated by negative experiences.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:50 PM

378 posts, read 1,621,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glar80104 View Post
Hey all,
I was browsing through these forums, and getting a bit encouraged about my soon-to-be living situation in Wichita! I just accepted a job at McConnell, and was searching through apartments, when I came across this forum... I hate to do it, but I'm attempting to orchestrate just moving right into an apartment, without having to actually go out there before-hand, so your advice will be taken heavily! I've located a couple of apartments pretty close to the base, and would like any/all opinions on the location, the apartments, the staff, etc... So, here's the "list":

Any information would be helpful, and if there's another place in the area that would be safer/cleaner/customer oriented, I'm definitely open to any suggestions!
I'm really sorry that I can't comment on any of those listed, but if you're willing to drive a little ways, Ponderosa Apartments just north of 21st & Woodlawn are awesome. Free water, trash pick-up, and cable TV, and they have an extremely prompt maintenance crew. Unfortunately, it's not close to the base, but it's worth a shot if you want to live in really nice apartments for the money.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:28 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,791 times
Don't know any of those, but #3 is up near my side of town and I consider it safe. And also the area Athfo mentioned is a good area, very close to me... Neighbor was at Mcconnell and was an easy drive for him.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:33 PM

Thanks!
I just heard back from a friend of mine working at Cessna, and he was saying anything north of Kellogg is "pretty good"! Thanks for your input, I will look into the Ponderosa Apartments, and #3 as good possibilities!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glar80104 View Post
Hey all,

I don't know about the complexes but any area close to Rock Rd is a good safe place to live. You need not worry about any of those locations as far as the neighbourhoods are.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:33 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be moving into a 1 bedroom unit, in the Brookwood Apartment complex, on the 8th. Brookwood is located on Rock Rd, just south of Harry. The decision to do so was based on a ton of research, including all the information provided on this thread. I just wanted to say thanks to all who provided feedback, and I will be sure to update as to my thoughts on Wichita after I get adjusted and maybe get out and explore a little!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,578 times
Welcome to Wichita!
I have a friend who lives at Brookwood and they seem nice,fairly quiet too..
Im sure if you have any more questions about the area you will get plenty of help.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 PM

3 posts, read 17,604 times
stay close to the norm and you will be alright

Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 PM

145 posts, read 609,850 times
A friend of ours, electrical engineer, worked at Boeing. He lived there at Club at Cherry Hills until he moved out of state. It seemed like a nice apartment, nice well -kept area. He was a picky guy. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita