Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times

Advertisements

Ok............this one is strange. Maybe not. Someone I know works as a preschool teacher, and shares a room with another teacher. My friend received a text message from her co-teacher, clearly meant for someone else, reading something along the lines of this:

"(My friend's real name) is a c*** (rhymes with punt) and I want to punch her in the face"

My friend asked her co-teacher about it, who responded with something along the lines of "haha someone hacked my phone haha." My friend then went to her boss, who as of now, has not taken any action that we know of.

It is a small preschool, so there is not really an HR to intervene. I am not sure what to make of it, if the co-teacher were to be fired, she would have to know why; and if the co-teacher were not to be fired my friend would have to continue working with this person. The relationship has changed the past few days, wonder what my friend should do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,981,085 times
What did the boss actually say about the situation?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
What did the boss actually say about the situation?
Something along the lines of "I'll talk to her about how she feels things are going, but not about the text specificly."

Old 11-13-2013, 08:47 AM

533 posts, read 1,112,454 times
Uh wow, the co-teacher (not your friend) sounds like an idiot.

I don't hope anyone gets fired (bad karma) but I hope something good happens for your friend out of this situation.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:39 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
I don't think there is anything that should be done about it.

The person who sent the text says her phone was hacked, which is probably a big lie, but it was the best way to cover her arse after-the-fact.

As for the person who was called the name . . . she needs to just move on and forget it. People make all sorts of comments about us all behind our backs -- maybe not that derogatory a comment -- but it happens. This was just a mix-up that allowed the person being maligned to actually know what was being said about her by a coworker.

Since the maligned teacher let her boss know . . . I would think that would only alert her boss to the fact that there is probably some ill will with the person who sent the text message. That allows a closer examination of that person's professionalism and proficiency in the future, but as far as it meaning someone should get fired . . . no way.

I would tell my friend to just chalk it up as immature behavior and forget it . . . If other things come up in the future, then address them as they occur.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:19 PM

97 posts, read 145,839 times
A call to Gloria Alred is in order.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:49 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
That's why I talk trash about people face-to-face, not text.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:50 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,419,576 times
At least now your friend knows exactly how this person feels about her. Since it is a small school, I doubt the boss would do anything about it, especially now that hte other teacher is denying it saying her phone got hacked which is ridiculous

Old 11-13-2013, 03:24 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
I would fire the one that sent the text purely on the grounds that I wouldn't want someone that stupid working for me. And the boss is an idiot. Why would she not address a text like that?

Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I would fire the one that sent the text purely on the grounds that I wouldn't want someone that stupid working for me. And the boss is an idiot. Why would she not address a text like that?
Why would the boss address it? If you get a mean text or an ugly phone call --you are going to run to your boss about it? What in heaven's name is a boss supposed to do about a text, especially since the person who owns the phone said it got hacked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment