Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 05:10 PM

7,977 posts, read 5,018,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Sometimes that is the correct advice, but it is very reactive rather than proactive. Sears and Barnes & Noble (and Toys'r'us, and Circuit City, and Radio Shack, and regional general merchandise chains...) operated by the creed "if it ain't broke don't fix it". They were both dominant in their respective fields, and I am sure that the executives in charge of their passive response to Walmart & Amazon are wishing they had done some fixing before their companies started to head south.

Sure, with millions of people across the country in managerial roles, some are going to be idiots. Others are going to be geniuses. Most are going to be somewhere in the middle. The art is in determining which is which, and you have erroneously decided, without sufficient evidence or experience, that virtually all are idiots.

By the way, your spelling and grammar are particularly poor today. I have seen your writing, and I know you can do better than this most recent post.

My grammar won't cost a company potentially MILLIONS of dollars and/or thousands of jobs and bread off your table . So its best for every citizen and employee to stay focused on who they elect and who they let into an organization.

Why is it that so many people are focused on what the average schlub does but not the CROOKS that are raping this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 05:30 PM

34,219 posts, read 17,309,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

Why is it that so many people are focused on what the average schlub does but not the CROOKS that are raping this country?
Corp earnings are at all time highs, which means, in aggregate, corps are better managed today than ever before in this nation.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:31 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,936,557 times
Quote:

My grammar won't cost a company potentially MILLIONS of dollars and/or thousands of jobs and bread off your table . So its best for every citizen and employee to stay focused on who they elect and who they let into an organization.

If you're that concerned, I'd suggest you take a job in management in a major corporation and show up how to run it properly.

Actually do something to fix what you want fixed.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:43 PM

3,171 posts, read 1,636,307 times
I have seen many things done in the interest of propping up the stock price and if a CEO cannot grow the business or the business becomes more competitive, the fastest way to improve profitability is layoffs, outsource or both. Stock options and restricted stock, etc. has long been the compensation incentivizing executives.

Particularly with outsourcing, I have witnessed management being less than honest with employees so a seamless transference of knowledge could occur. The employees (engineers) were outraged when they realized what was happening.
So I have firsthand knowledge of deceptive practices and why employees get jaded. In publically traded companies, it's a difficult balance with being forthright with employees and doing what improves the bottom line and stock price.

The expenses of severance and other costs of "mergers/reorganizations" can be categorized as one time expenses that will not affect the stock prices.

Always keep your resume up to date.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Corp earnings are at all time highs, which means, in aggregate, corps are better managed today than ever before in this nation.

WOW...

Sad

Old 07-13-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If you're that concerned, I'd suggest you take a job in management in a major corporation and show up how to run it properly.

Actually do something to fix what you want fixed.

One person cant fix a rotten, corrupt system and country.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:13 PM

3,171 posts, read 1,636,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Not necessarily. Stock price is a function of earnings per share. Corporations having been buying back stock in unprecedented amounts to keep the denominator (per share) low.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Not necessarily. Stock price is a function of earnings per share. Corporations having been buying back stock in unprecedented amounts to keep the denominator (per share) low.

Companies are better managed than ever. Just outsource every job to another country or just eliminate the job entirely . Takes a lot of success and brilliance . You know

Old 07-13-2019, 06:50 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,117,104 times
Quote:
No, but one person can make life better for the people who report to them.

If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem. You have a choice to make.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:37 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,936,557 times
Quote:
No one asked you to fix the country. I asked why you don't take a management position. You could fix the group you work in for your company, if you got a few promotions. Start by using your ideas to manage 4-5 people and improve their lives.

Let me know when you start applying for new jobs where you'd be in charge so that you can show us how to do things correctly. Send me a private message if you need someone to review resumes/elevator pitches/etc. I'm more than happy to help you if you choose to start actually doing something here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment