Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 02:50 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,145,227 times

Advertisements

I'm glad you decided to let him know you're not interested. You shouldn't feel bad.

I've gotten two jobs through recruiters so they can be helpful in some situations. But I also get a lot of spam from stuff that isn't something I would be remotely interested in or even in my area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 03:02 PM

8,339 posts, read 6,844,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
Should I tell him this now? should i say "feel free to send me jobs but to be honest, I had seen the job with XYZ company on my own and that's really why i responded" or something along those lines...? I'm definitely overthinking this but he has sent me probably 5 job openings that sound great but are just not for me because of really picky reasons - long commute, startup, managing people, too big, etc, etc. so I don't know what to say to him... now i'm all involved with him and i just want to go back to looking on my own.
"Here's what my min desires are and my max desires. I won't settle for less"

If the recruiter gets butthurt (I'm betting they won't) but they may realize that you are not one to jump for anything and everything.

Personally I have responded to a few of the lower wage recruiters and let them know what I make now and that alone usually scares them off...

Old 07-19-2019, 05:02 PM

403 posts, read 276,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
He did ask me... he did a whole intake with me. I said "I don't want to commute longer than X amount of minutes" but then he sends me a job that is an hour away lol. So I responded "unfortunately that's too long of a commute for me" and he said "ok no problem"....

Then he sends me a job that pays the exact same as i make now but its also 45 minutes away... and why would i change my 6 mile commute for no additional pay? so again, i have to turn it down. I just feel silly to continue turning things down.

i guess what i'm saying is - i think he thinks i'm more desperate than i am...
Don't worry about that. You're just a candidate in his pipeline. When he sees a match come up, he sends it over. Maybe you moved and didn't tell him? Maybe you had a really crappy new boss come in and now you want out? Maybe they took your stapler?

He's doing his job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment