Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2023, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,605 times

Advertisements

Last year our company let us have unlimited PTO to get as back into the office. So I have a co-worker in another group and he has taken four ten day vacations. Mainly he has gone to Thailand and Colombia. Some other of the guys asked him about sexual stuff in our kitchen and they all very getting excited when he explained things.

I don't know him very well as he is quite and it is indirect work but he is in his late 40s and from what I know single and short which explains why he needs to go overseas. I feel it is disgusting cause he is taking advantage of poor young women over there and as a feminist I need to do something.

So can I report this to HR or do I need to call someone else?

Old 10-31-2023, 11:33 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,972,911 times
What the person does on their own time in the manner they do it wherever they do it is no business of the company until it crosses into the workplace. So, you can report the inappropriate conversations of explicit sexual content in the company's workplace to HR if it makes you uncomfortable.

Note: your personal feminist views need to be kept out of the discussion. Report only the explicit conversation of a sexual nature that is occurring within the workplace.

Last edited by Rabrrita; 10-31-2023 at 12:01 PM..

Old 10-31-2023, 11:43 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Legal activity on his own time is none of your business.

Old 10-31-2023, 11:56 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganbeauty View Post
Last year our company let us have unlimited PTO to get as back into the office. So I have a co-worker in another group and he has taken four ten day vacations. Mainly he has gone to Thailand and Colombia. Some other of the guys asked him about sexual stuff in our kitchen and they all very getting excited when he explained things.

I don't know him very well as he is quite and it is indirect work but he is in his late 40s and from what I know single and short which explains why he needs to go overseas. I feel it is disgusting cause he is taking advantage of poor young women over there and as a feminist I need to do something.

So can I report this to HR or do I need to call someone else?

There is a saying , "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me". You are assuming things you know nothing about and you seem to have an agenda against this man. My suggestion.........mind your own business.

Old 10-31-2023, 12:05 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Legal activity on his own time is none of your business.
True ^ . Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.