Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 778 times

Advertisements

So the situation is like this. I've been going to eat at a fast food restaurant where 2 handosme girls work. What is very strange and something I have never seen in any restaurant in my life is that the two od them sit and smoke cigarettes infront guests literally a meter from the guests, also they often smoke at the cash register, and sometimes while they are preparing the food. Guests complain about this in reviews on the internet, so it's strange to me that they continue to do it and don't stop. Usually, in other restaurants, workers find a room where no one can see them, so they smoke there and not in front of customers. How is it possible that the owner tolerates this? Have you people ever experienced something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2023, 09:18 PM

22,665 posts, read 47,866,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawe668 View Post
How is it possible that the owner tolerates this?
Ask the owner, not us!

Old 11-02-2023, 05:17 AM

11,304 posts, read 19,667,733 times
Depends on the laws where you are. If smoking in public buildings is legal, there isn't much you can do about it is there.

Why not stop going there. Vote with your money. Notify the owner of the eatery that you will no longer be patronizing their restaurant until the situation is corrected. (the physical appearance of these employees is irrelevant and I wonder why you felt the need to mention it)

Old 11-02-2023, 06:22 AM

6,579 posts, read 8,442,711 times
Quote:
So the situation is like this. I've been going to eat at a fast food restaurant where 2 handosme girls work. What is very strange and something I have never seen in any restaurant in my life is that the two od them sit and smoke cigarettes infront guests literally a meter from the guests, also they often smoke at the cash register, and sometimes while they are preparing the food. Guests complain about this in reviews on the internet, so it's strange to me that they continue to do it and don't stop. Usually, in other restaurants, workers find a room where no one can see them, so they smoke there and not in front of customers. How is it possible that the owner tolerates this? Have you people ever experienced something like this?
Since the majority of folks on City-Data are located in the U.S. - I'd say that smoking inside of a restaurant is not permitted in many places. And employees smoking in front of customers inside of a restaurant probably never happens.

Now you might get that in a dive bar somewhere but generally not in a restaurant and definitely not in a fast food joint.

Old 11-02-2023, 09:01 AM

4,633 posts, read 2,773,977 times
Even back in 1978 when I started working in restaurants, and the whole dining area was "smoking permitted" it was against health codes to smoke in a food prep area.

That's in the US; OP hasn't told us where he's talking about.

Old 11-02-2023, 10:18 AM

13,289 posts, read 8,504,789 times
I suspect that any place that has workers of that caliber, its probably fast food as in street fair foods. I recall some areas of Mexico and Thailand had street food and it wasn't uncommon for the persons'' to be imbibing on lively spirits and toking on some "herbs". Loved the food and gotta say they were generous!
Beyond that I'm sure this first time poster has some other tales to share about food establishments.

Old 11-02-2023, 10:58 AM

32,715 posts, read 48,311,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
.......Why not stop going there. Vote with your money. .......
Because they are "handsome girls" and he is going there to ogle the waitresses.

Old 11-02-2023, 11:48 AM

2,026 posts, read 1,013,521 times
Quote:
a fast food restaurant where 2 handosme girls work...the two od them sit and smoke cigarettes infront guests

Maybe they're sick of the rude people staring at them and want you to leave.

Old 11-02-2023, 12:20 PM

22,665 posts, read 47,866,550 times
Dawe668, I see that you are checking in and probably reading the responses.
Where do you live?

Old 11-02-2023, 01:03 PM

2,045 posts, read 798,048 times
'She's a handsome woman.' Lol

Maybe they're boys in disguise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment