Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 05:53 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,150,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
I was about to post the same thing. It sounds like A and C are a couple of drama queens.
Did you just assume their genders? :wink:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 06:11 PM

1,010 posts, read 561,356 times
You're the manager. You're not there to be liked so write someone up as you see fit.

Seems like everyone over reacted to what was said. Disagreeing over same sex marriage is in no way offensive IMO. Far more sensitive and blunt things are said at my job every day.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:50 PM

8,181 posts, read 8,411,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Sorry to say that is a possibility.

For future reference, when faced with a new, challenging incident like this, it might be best to contact your HR employee relations team, or whatever they are called there for advice before acting.
Exactly!!!

Old 11-16-2023, 10:40 PM

746 posts, read 502,692 times
I would suggest not harassing any employees further.

Old 11-18-2023, 01:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 797,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalUID View Post
Ah, yes. A manager who writes up otherwise good employees on whims and emotions and wonders why they don't like you or want to work for you. I've dealt with that exact thing and absolutely I started looking for a new job immediately. Life is too short to work under toxic leadership. Scratch that, this is not even a good example of leadership. Toxic management rather.

A manager can make or break a place.

I agree with you 100 percent my last job we had a toxic manager that started and she was just toxic lazy and never learn the job and had her favorite people. I was called into the office twice and heard buzz she was after me from a few good sources. I went to a job fair and got a new job the same day and waited for the offer and drug test and gladly put my notice in and she can't keep people at all.

Old 11-23-2023, 05:27 PM

1,914 posts, read 876,564 times
you wrote her up and she quit, you lucky she didnt burn your house down too

Old 05-12-2024, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 3,402 times
Edit: My employee didn't end up quitting. Instead, she continued working. However, I'm so disgusted that I have to work with employee B that I tell all the customers on the sales floor about this employee and that I should've fired her. Then fast forward three weeks later, on Monday, one my sales leads comes up to me and tells me that the day before that employee B told employee A that she can't discuss speculating other people's sexuality and talking about sex acts because that is sexual harassment. Then employee A comes up to me and tells me her concerns that employee B is massively overstepping. Employee B goes to two other sales associates and says on the sales floor that they shouldn't be discussing inappropriate topics on the sale floor, and she says this in front of customers. Everyone came up to me with concerns that they'll be written up for harassment, and I have to say to them that they won't and they have nothing to be afraid about because they haven't done or said anything wrong.

Employee B is seriously overstepping her boundaries by ordering people because she isn't a sales lead and isn't a manager. I'm thinking to myself, do I have to write her up again to stop her from harassing her coworkers? I'm at the end of my rope with this associate. I then fire this associate because she's harassing everyone, causing drama with everyone, and making everyone scared that they're going to be written up/fired for nonexistent issues. I told everyone that people can discuss politics as long as everyone is in agreement. This employee needs a wake up call that they're wrong that the LGBTQ+ community doesn't deserve rights! People like that deserve to be fired and their careers destroyed!

Old 05-12-2024, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 3,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip-Squeak View Post
I would suggest not harassing any employees further.
I'm not the one harassing. Employee B is. It's all Employee B's fault for making them scared to report her to me a year prior. You clearly don't know how to read.

Old 05-12-2024, 01:50 PM

1,271 posts, read 577,119 times
So employees don't have free speech rights at work?

Old 05-12-2024, 02:10 PM

865 posts, read 1,349,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by managerboss1 View Post
Edit: My employee didn't end up quitting. Instead, she continued working. However, I'm so disgusted that I have to work with employee B that I tell all the customers on the sales floor about this employee and that I should've fired her. Then fast forward three weeks later, on Monday, one my sales leads comes up to me and tells me that the day before that employee B told employee A that she can't discuss speculating other people's sexuality and talking about sex acts because that is sexual harassment. Then employee A comes up to me and tells me her concerns that employee B is massively overstepping. Employee B goes to two other sales associates and says on the sales floor that they shouldn't be discussing inappropriate topics on the sale floor, and she says this in front of customers. Everyone came up to me with concerns that they'll be written up for harassment, and I have to say to them that they won't and they have nothing to be afraid about because they haven't done or said anything wrong.

Employee B is seriously overstepping her boundaries by ordering people because she isn't a sales lead and isn't a manager. I'm thinking to myself, do I have to write her up again to stop her from harassing her coworkers? I'm at the end of my rope with this associate. I then fire this associate because she's harassing everyone, causing drama with everyone, and making everyone scared that they're going to be written up/fired for nonexistent issues. I told everyone that people can discuss politics as long as everyone is in agreement. This employee needs a wake up call that they're wrong that the LGBTQ+ community doesn't deserve rights! People like that deserve to be fired and their careers destroyed!
So really, Employee B is sick of people talking about sex, some of it apparently gay sex, on the sales floor so you fire her. You say you support LGBT but you also support your employees speculating about other LGBT employees and their sex lives?

No one in their right mind wants to talk about sex while at work unless it is their job or related to their job. You seem like a weird manager who enjoys hearing about that stuff.

Oh and then you tell customers about this?!? Wouldnlove to see your sales number that week/month. You are a bad manager, clearly. Look up “professional “.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment